CHAPTER SEVEN

Soren Kamara

Soren Kamara

Tendai looked from me to Grayson and didn't say a word.

"Grayson wanted to use the bathroom," I lied.

I reacted fast. No way was Tendai going to think otherwise about the situation.

Grayson remained silent. Knowing him, he wanted Tendai to think that something more was happening.

Grayson, use the bathroom in the next bedroom. This room is occupied.

He walked to the door. Grayson turned to look at me before shutting the door. Tendai didn't notice because he was facing me.

"That was awkward," Tendai said. He gave me a hug.

He was insisting on using this toilet.

"I am so sorry Addie, me and my friends smoked weed and ended up losing track of time," he said.

Let's go back downstairs, Reina Thingz will start performing soon.

"Artists usually go on stage after 10 p.m.," he said. It's still 9 pm so we have one hour to go.

What are we going to do for now?

"I am going to teach you how to smoke weed," he said

. My parents don't want me to do drugs!

"Addie, your parents aren't here. This is how a high school party is," he said.

He removed some weed cigarettes from his pocket. "This is your first time so I don't want you to get too high because you have to go back home," he said.

He lit one and smoked it. "That's some good weed," he remarked. Put it in between your fingers like this. Then put it on your lips and open your mouth a little and inhale the smoke.

I did as he said but my hands were trembling. "Don't be afraid," he said.

He put the cigarrete on my lips. I felt like my lips were on fire.

"Now, inhale the smoke," he said.

I did so. The smoke choked me.

I coughed up the smoke.

"It's your first time, that was expected," he said. Smoke it a little more, you will get better.

I tried it again but still coughed. The second time was different because I was more confident. After more tries, I began feeling happy and relaxed. I forgot about everything that was making me sad.

Tendai, did I tell you that I find you attractive?

I covered my mouth. Did I just say that out loud. I giggled. Tendai giggled too.

"Don't be ashamed, Addie. I find you very attractive too," he said.

He edged closer to me on the bed we were seated on. Tendai held the back of my neck and pulled me closer to him. He kissed me. I pulled away.