CHAPTER EIGHT

Meadow Lowe & Andrew Finau

The first lesson of the day was English. As soon as the bell rang we walked into class. My thoughts were lingering on what Jensen had told me about seeing Tendai at the after party.

I wonder what excuse he will give for lying to me. I glanced over at Tendai. He was conversing with Fajir.

Grayson walked in followed by Mae.

Mae had really disappointed me with what she did on Saturday. I wish I had told her about Grayson trying to get with me in the library, maybe she would have rejected him.

"Why are you late?" Jensen asked her.

"I woke up late," she said.

"Did you wake up late or was it because you were with Grayson, we noticed that you came in together at the same time," Jensen said.

Mae looked at me angrily, she thought I had told Jensen and Andrew about what I had seen her do at the party.

"Yes, we got together during the party, he's actually a nice guy," she said.

Mae, you know that Grayson is bad, he's using you to hurt me for rejecting him.

Mae was hurt. It couldn't be that the only guy who had ever noticed her wanted her because he was trying to punish her friend.

Before she could respond there was an announcement on the class speakers.

"Students, there are ten days to the Easter Holidays so those who are interested in watching the Easter play be aware that it's on April 7th, 2023," the secretary said. Ensure that you get your Easter holiday packages. You must submit them as soon as you return after Easter.

Mae was angry throughout the first lesson.

In the cafeteria, Liz came and sat at our table. The three of us were silent. Only Andrew was talking to her. They both left when they noticed that we were uncomfortable.

"Andrew is doing the same thing as me, why is he not being ridiculed like I am?" Mae asked.

I already shared my thoughts with him.