Max's Job.

After an EXHAUSTING mission Mary and Max did together, where did Damien go you ask? Oh welp. He left thr library way before Mary and Max did. Here's what happened while Damien was talking to Evan.

"Why are you so rude to people dude? I just wanted to have a nice conversation with you."
"Because you keep telling me that you and me were best friends in high school which clearly never happened! You're just trying fool me!"
"Okay I may be wrong about that but why the heck do you have to be so rude about it?"
"BECAUSE YOU ARE ANNOYING!"
"HOW AM I ANNOYING?"
"BECAUSE YOU KEEP INTERRUPTING ME AND MY WORK!"
"WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO? GIVE YOU A CUPCAKE?"
"Cupcake sounds delicious not gonna lie."
"Oh yeah. I like the chocolate one."
"Vanilla tastes better."
"CHOCOLATE."
"VANILLA!"
"YOU CANNOT UNDERSTIMATE CHOCOLATE LIKE THAT!"
"YoU cAnNoT uNdErStImAtE cHoCo MoCo BlAh bLaH bLaH GET OUT OF HERE!"
"UGH!"

Then Damien left. Then you know what happened next. Evan heard a noise in the bathroom and joined right away. Anyways, back to the company. Mary and Max went inside the company and looked for Rony. Rony was working that time.

"Wait...So you're telling me that you successfully completed the mission?"
"With her, yes."
"I don't believe you."
"There's literally some blood on us."
"Hmm...Here, 5,000 dollars. Now let me work in peace."
"SERIOUSLY Rony? I thought you'd be more pleased..."
"I am. I just don't like showing it. Now, shoo!"
"Mary let's get outta here."
"Okay..."
"Also um...Thanks for helping me. I want to um...Share some of my money with you."
"No no! Keep it with you! I don't need it!"
"Mary just take it, it's not gonna kill you if you touch it."
"I'm fine Max, all I did was just help you, I'm more happy that you thanked me for it than a dollar."
"Mary you're too kind! Here take this 2,000 and I'm OUT-"

Max ran away from Mary, forcing her to take the money.

"MAX! COME ON! I SAID I DON'T NEED IT!"

Mary looked at the money and smiled thinking how kind he was. Though he does killing for a living, do you think he does any other job for a good reputation? Since he can't really reveal that he sends people to the afterlife he might seem like a jobless person. Actually, in this part, Max is going to be looking for a job!

"What a stressful day..."

*Sits on couch*

"I wonder if I got hired in that restaurant..."

*suddenly gets a phone call.*

"Oh that must be them. Let's see what they have to say."

"Hello?"
"Hello this is Mr. Gregory from Kelly's Diner."
"Oh Hello, I'm Max. Max Shadow."
"Max, I've seen your reputation and...I'm sorry but it seems like you've been jobless for more than 6 years. I'm not sure if you have any experience about being a chef."
"I am! I mean...Yeah I've been jobless for years now, but I'm telling you, I can cook excellenly! I think that's an important quality to have before becoming a chef right?"
"I suppose that's true but still, we need to see that you can be able to communicate, or help others in need, that's more important but your reputation never wrote any of that."
"..."
"I'm sorry Max...Perhaps you can cook at home and then sell them..?"
"I don't really have a delivery guy. And I'm not tha-"
"Okay then goodbye."

Mr. Gregory hanged up. Max was so upset to. But he can't give up now. He only applied for 2 jobs. Now he'll move on the 3rd one. Now he's going outside to look for another job. Third time's a charm right?

"What's this...Natasha's Nice Diner....They're looking for a janitor there.... Oh. I'm not sure if a janitor is worth.... I'm gonna go see if they have the chef position."

Mark goes inside the restaurant. It didn't have many people. He saw 3-4. The food that was served on their table looked good. And it seemed easy to cook. Suddenly a lady comes in front of him and says

"Hello sir, welcome to Natasha's Nice Diner, please, take a seat!"
"HI! Oh um, actually, I was hoping you're hiring...?"
"Oh, actually we are. Right now the only position thats available right now, is the waiter."
"Sure, that doesn't seem bad."
"It doesn't. Please sit down, I'll interview you after a few minutes."
"Okay."

The lady goes away. Max looks around the place with wide eyes.

"This place is really huge and has fancy decorations...Why haven't people come here very often? It looks nice, the chairs are fancy, it smells good in here..."

Soon the lady came back. She sat down with Max and starts interviewing him.

"So, sir, please start by telling me your name."
"I'm Max Shadow."
"Have you ever had a job before?"
"No...This is my first one."
"I see. Are you willing to work here for extra money or full time job?"
"Uhh....Extra money!"
"Okay. Do you know how serve people?"
"Uh...No."
"That's okay. This job should be easy for you. Many people don't really come here often."
"Can I ask why...?"
"Well our menu doesn't really have much food choices. It has only 3-4 items. And there's no drinks beside water... I know, it's a bit cheap. Our chef isn't that creative. I always tell him to come up with some new stuff but he just doesn't listen...Anyways, you're hired! When will you like to start?"
"Oh um...I guess tomorrow? It's getting a bit late don't you think..?"
"Okay Mr. Shadow. By the way, I'm Natasha. So feel free to ask me about anything about this job."
"How much is the pay?"
"Your monthly check is 8,000 dollars."
"Okay. Thank you. I may leave now."
"See you tomorrow Mr. Shadow!"

Max went home happily. He finally got a job! Now that his reputation is fixed, he'll for sure have no problem answering people's personal questions about him without getting embarrassed.

(TO BE CONTINUED)