44.

Life is so cruel

Life is so cruel.

Destiny sometimes is the devil itself.

It likes to play with human emotions the most. One moment it makes people feel the happiest and in the next it leaves them stranded in complete darkness. A scary darkness that takes away every ounce of that previous joy.

Just yesterday life had given them so much hope. It had shown them that their problems would soon end and that they could live freely again but today it had landed their relationship in a nightmarish situation. A sitch that scared Jungkook to the core of his heart.

Four hours. It had been four hours since the doctors had taken Taehyung into the operation theatre but there was still no news about him. The images of Taehyung's body drenched in blood and his pale sweat covered face would not leave the ravenette's head.

He had tried so hard.

He tried his best to wake Taehyung up but the blonde remained unresponsive. He only wanted to see those blue and brown eyes looking back at him with their ethereal shine. Did he ask for too much? Was he out of his place for wanting happiness for himself in the form of his Taehyung?

"Kook. He'll be fine. You reached him on time."

The raven head would have snapped if not for his exhausted soul. Time? Then why was he covered in blood Eomma? Why is he inside fighting for his life? He couldn't help but blame himself. He knew that there were people who wanted to harm his partner, then how could he have overlooked the possibility of it happening again? How could he let him go out alone when the culprit was still roaming around freely?

"Kook please baby. Don't be so silent. We all are worried. Cry if you want to."

Jungkook was well aware that his silence was stressing his family out but he didn't care about anything for now. All he wanted was for Taehyung to be alright. He just wished to hear his voice and see his beautiful smile. "Please Eomma. Not right now." That was all he could muster up before walking away from her and taking a seat near the doors as if it would bring him closer to his husband.

The boy slumped against the wall defeatedly,  staring at his blood stained clothes. Every little thing around him was nothing less than a torture for his heart. Slowly and painfully the clock kept ticking away with the Jeons waiting there anxiously. Some of them paced around in nervousness while some sat on the chairs in despair.

"What happened? Where's Tae?"

The suffocating silence in the corridor broke with the sudden thumping footsteps of two men running towards them. "Where is my son? What happened to him? Tell me!!"

"Hantae please don't create a scene right now. He's inside the operation theatre and we don't know anything about his condition. Everyone is already tense here. Don't make the situation worse." Jun-ho sternly commanded. "Hoseok please handle him child. I request you."