42.

Yuna bit onto her nails in nervousness

Yuna bit onto her nails in nervousness. She was walking around the parlour. Her anxious body shaking with all the unsurities clouding her mind. It had been hours that they came back to the Kim mansion and Hantae had locked himself up since then. He was not coming out of his room. Neither was he letting anyone inside.

And this bothered Yuna a lot.

What was even written in that diary? Who did it belong to and why did Jungkook say all those things to him? She had so many questions lingering in her mind that her body was literally shivering from the curiosity. All her plans had unluckily fired back in the worst way possible.

Why were the Jeons still supporting Taehyung? Did they not mind getting associated with a former murder suspect and a mental asylum patient? How could they not be bothered by the revelations? She could not wrap her head around the events of the day.

Moreover the woman felt bothered by the things Jungkook had said about her. The boy mercilessly revealed her encounter with him before Hantae. What was her husband even thinking about her now? She had to clear the air before the situation got worse.

"It's all because of that bitch Taehyung. First his mother made my life miserable and now he is hell bent upon snatching my happiness." She muttered under her breath and hastily went towards Hantae's room.

"Honey! Open up. I'm worried about you." She knocked on the door desperately. "What are you even doing alone inside? I know that you are hurt by Tae's attitude today but trust me, he didn't mean it. You know that he's a bit spontaneous, right?. Please come out now. I'm worri.........."

The door suddenly clicked open, halting her in place. She stepped back and looked up only to see a messy scene. Hantae came outside slowly. His eyes were completely red, tear stains decorated his cheeks and his hair were a mess of tangles. He looked broken. Completely broken!

"Huh! What happened to you honey? Did you by any chance read the diary given to you? Was it Tae's? Has he written something bad about you in it? Oh my god! Baby don't cry please. I can't see you in tears." Yuna gasped, trying to touch the other but he pulled away before she could even come near him.

"Why did I marry you?" Hantae asked instead.

"What are you saying Han? Why this question suddenly?"

"Why did I marry you Yuna?" He asked again. A little more sternly this time.

"Don't talk about weird stuff Han." She laughed awkwardly. Her heart beating rapidly inside with anxiety. "Answer my question first. Why did you cr........"

"WHY DID I MARRY YOU YUNA? WHY?" The old man had enough now. He was not going to let her brush the topic off.

"Because you were hurt by Bomin's actions. You wanted to heal and I confessed about my love towards you. My sincerity and one sided compassion moved you and we got married."