* Chapter 38 *

XXXVIII. • °

TW: This Chapter contains Sexual Content- Smut

"I can't believe he's here," Tessa said filling her cup with ice.

"It's crazy, right? I mean how did he know the same exact resort and he just happened to text me," Nadia explained grabbing herself a yogurt and a spoon.

"That's because he's a stalker...a complete weirdo if you ask me."

"Tess, lay off, please...he won't be any trouble and plus we leave tomorrow."

"Alright, fine, but please tell me that he's not riding back with us."

Nadia shook her head," Of course not...do we have space?"

"Nadia."

"I'm joking, I'm joking," She said letting out a laugh, "So Jose, you really enjoyed your first vacation?"

I sat there staring out the window, watching the trees ruffle and blow by the breeze. My mind was a mess, every minute I had so many thoughts at once. I couldn't sleep last night, not that I slept well any other night but last night was different. I couldn't explain that feeling that I felt, but it didn't feel good.

I kept reliving seeing him, us playing the game together, then me looking for him and seeing him with someone else. He left with her, and that was the main thing that bothered me the most. I was sure he went to her room, I was sure of it. How was it that easy for him to forget about me within a second?

His feelings were never real, he lied to me, and I believed him. I believed that he actually did care about me but I was always right from the beginning. How could anyone like him could have fallen for someone as simple as me?

That's because it wasn't true, it wasn't possible. I just wanted to go home, I never wanted to speak to him or talk to him again, I was done with him. I could make it, I would figure it out myself like I always do. I don't need his help or the bookstore, I didn't need him.

"Jose?"

"Huh?"

"You okay?"

"Oh, yeah I'm fine why?"

"She asked how was your first vacation," Tessa explained shaking her cup of ice.

"Oh sorry, it was really nice," I say trying to sound believable, it was nice, at first.

"Good," She says smiling at me, "This won't be the only one we go on trust me!"

"Damn," Tessa sighed, "We really are about to graduate huh?"

"It's so crazy, I remember just starting high school like it was yesterday...the years do go pretty quick."

"I don't know what to do honestly...I don't know if college is my thing. I mean our teachers expect us to go to college right after high school, I just don't know the point of it."

"I have a faint idea, I mean I love what my mom does and shopping," Nadia shrugged. "Maybe I'll just follow in her footsteps, or take vlogging seriously and try to do that."

"Yeah that's totally you, I can see you doing what Doria does...but me on the other hand I just have no clue."

"What about your dad Tess? He's never told you what he sees you doing in the future?"

"My dad doesn't give a shit about me...he could care less."

"Tess-"

"It's the truth, I mean the most he does for me is send me money and give me a place to stay." She says taking a deep breath in, "And you already know about my mom, ever since she got a new husband she's been different, and when she found out I was a drinker she just didn't see me as her precious Tessa anymore."