30.

Waking up with a tired feeling, I yawn as I didn't sleep much. Memories of last night flood in and I chuckle at the way Sunghoon behaved. I wonder how he must be feeling right now.

Grabbing my phone from the bedside table, I see that it's nine o'clock and that I went to sleep at four. At least I slept the full five hours, lovely.

To my surprise, a message from the devil himself appears on my screen.

Please don't tell me, I did and said what I did and said last night

Laughter escapes from my body and I bite my lip, tapping my fingers on the screen to write a reply.

You're amusing when you're drunk. I'd almost mistaken you for a comedian

I can imagine the groan he'd let out and I smile seeing the image of a sleepy Sunghoon, freshly awake. He sends me a frustrated emoji and I'm actually surprised he remembers what happened.

I'm so embarrassed. You might want to leave me once and for all.

He replies and my laughter is so loud that I cover it up with my hand. This action causes my mother to knock on my door. The wooden door opens creakily and I quickly shut my phone off and tuck it under my pillow. "So you finally decided to show a sign of life young lady. It's already nine o'clock. Don't be lazy..." She mutters and my smile fades. Here comes the discussion about me being late.

"Why were you so late?" She points out and I groan, this conversation was inevitable. "It's a party mum and I'm in my last year of school. I'm allowed to have a bit of fun, right?" As I feel my earlier cheerfulness waning, she looks me up and down in disapproval. A silence falls and then she shuts my bedroom door, leaving her suspicion behind. I'm surprised she left it at that.

Before I could reach for my phone again, she yanks the door open again. Of course I cheered too soon. "I know it's winter break and you want to have fun, but tonight the Parks are coming for dinner. So I want you to be there and behave, okay?" Before I can answer, the door is already closed and I'm a little perplexed before mocking her words. It's probably one of her business partners again. Heaving a long sigh because I can no longer rest, I get up and start to freshen up.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Still feeling a little sad that I can't spend my winter holidays skating with Sunghoon, I'm trying to brush it off and not think too much about it. It wasn't his choice and he apologised for not telling me, so now I know I'll still support him even if the situation is a mess.

After secretly texting him all day while I was preparing dinner for the Parks, I smile at a text from him if we can hang out some time soon. I know he's still so sorry about the skating situation, but it is what it is.

As I reply with an okay and a smiley face, my phone is suddenly yanked out of my hands. "Why are kids so preoccupied with these devices these days. We almost banned you from roller skating, don't make us consider that option again if you don't want to concentrate on your chores or even school matters." My mother's voice echoes through the kitchen while a slight frown is evident on her face. I grit my teeth and cross my arms. See, here it is. When they are stressed, they show their true faces again.

I scoff and my father says nothing, he just carries on chopping vegetables. They could order food from a fancy restaurant, but homemade food was always a must for my parents when guests came to visit.

I slump against the countertop and pull up my lip disapprovingly before proceeding to peel tomatoes, which I dislike immensely. Why did she assign me these vegetables?

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

An expensive haute couture black dress and gold jewellery adorn my body and I cringe at my own reflection. It's definitely different. I would say more mature, grown-up. Something I don't want to be yet. My parents must love it.