Chapter 11: Harming Guides is a big no, no.

Rebecca and I chat a few more times before heading back. It was time for me to return to the manor. Rebecca had no idea if her cousin was still present at the party, so I offered to take her home. She gladly took the offer. As we headed back downstairs, I saw a group of girls forming at the bottom of the stairs. I recognize them except for one of them. She had curly reddish-brown hair tied into a French braid and pale green eyes. She wore a long red velvet dress with a long cut on the back. If I didn't know any better, judging by her appearance she appears to be Rebecca's cousin. When we finally reached the bottom of the staircase, she came to me with a bow but gave me a condescending look.

"Greeting Duchess Sigma," said Rebecca's cousin, "And thank you for looking after my cousin, but I would very much appreciate it if you had informed me before taking her away. Too much rumor has already been spun, and it would be concerning if more were to be suddenly created because of your action."

I'm pretty sure those girls around her said something about me. I'm pretty certain it wasn't good words.

I could only smile at her before returning my attention to Rebecca, "Shall we head out?"

Rebecca gave me a small nod as she hid behind me. She didn't have to say it for me to know she was uncomfortable around her cousin. Her body language told me everything.

"Rebecca, you shouldn't disturb the duchess," her cousin said in a stern tone.

"I don't mind," I answered in Rebecca's stead, "Shall we?"

As we headed towards the entrance, her cousin stepped forward to block us along with her little followers behind her. This uproar wasn't loud enough to catch everyone in the ballroom's attention, but it was enough to have the host glancing back over here. And, knowing the host, she was enjoying this small drama that was put on hold, unfolding once again.

"Pardon me Duchess, but Rebecca cannot leave this place without me," said her cousin, "As I've stated earlier, there's no need for more rumors to be created."

Wow, she is pushing it.

"I understand that this is your first time attending a grand party like this, so your etiquette isn't up to date, but it's only basic manner," Her tone had now turned sarcastic.

"Is that so?"

She smirks at me while trying to disguise it as an elegant smile, "Yes, did you not know?"

Since she wants to play this game, I don't see why I shouldn't indulge her, especially when she's getting on my nerves.

"Unfortunately, I don't," I answered back as I placed my hand against my cheek.

A small laugh escapes from their mouth. Rebecca's cousin was about to say something again while giving me a contempt look, but I cut her off.

"I don't see why I should show any kind of manner to someone who I've never met or know of, or even to a person who can't even properly introduce themselves," I tilt my head to the side slightly, "Even I know how to introduce myself to the Sun and Moon of our kingdom."

Rebecca's cousin's face instantly turned red from embarrassment. I could see her clenching her teeth behind her mouth, holding in that anger from the humiliation. Seems like she knew what I was implying. I place my hand on Rebecca's shoulder, "Now then, we will be excusing ourselves."

I tried to move away with Rebecca but for some reason, my leg wasn't moving. Rebecca was also frozen on the spot. I glanced behind me and saw Rebecca's cousin's eye color turn more vibrant. This a sign of an Esper using their psychic power. Hers turns out to be telekinesis. 

Countess Vergrumble who was witness to the whole incident suddenly turned deadly pale. She rushed over to us and tried to defuse the situation. Rebecca's cousin refused to listen to her as she slowly approached me. Her eyes were glaring deadly at me.