Chapter 2: So I'm getting married off

So noisy... What is it, so noisy...

Tera... I just want five more minutes of sleep...

"How many times must I tell you to leave the face alone!" a deep voice vibrates out loudly.

Opening my eyes, I saw an old man yelling at my attacker. To the side, someone was treating my wound while giving me a dirty look. He placed his hand on my arm and a warm glow formed. The warm glow from him seems to be flowing into my body. This place was no longer a wooden crack ceiling, but a soft white room. Even the bed I was lying down on was as soft as silk. Seems like I was moved here after I blacked out however, the people who moved me here don't look like good people either.

"M-my apologies master... But this slave tried to run so I...!"

The old man smacks the other man with his cane. He hit him so hard, that his tooth was knocked out of his mouth. He scrambles on the ground while holding onto his bloody mouth. Secretly inside, I yelled out a satisfying yes.

That man got what he deserved for kicking me around!

"Out with you!" the old man yelled, "Before I cane you to death!"

The man rushed out of the room as fast as he could, but before he left, he gave me a deadly glare. When the door closed, the old man turned his attention to me. There was a cold distaste look in his eyes. As though he was looking at something filthy and that very filthy thing was going to taint him.

"Be grateful I found you and saved your puny life," said the old man, "If you didn't have any worth, I would have left you dead."

For the sake of him being older than me as well as a senior, I will refrain from being rude to him.

"Rejoice, you will marry in the place of my granddaughter," said the old man.

What...?

"The only thing that saved you was the half-noble blood running in your veins as well as your potential as a Guide," said the old man as he grumbled out, "If only your mother wasn't a filthy prostitute..."

It's not like I was desperate to get married, and I couldn't care less about the blood running in my veins. Just who in the world was this old man, and what right does he even have to marry me off in the first place? Also, how dare he make it sound like it was a golden opportunity that was too good to be given to me.

I don't want it! If it's such a pity to give it to me, then have your granddaughter marry whoever it is instead!

I wanted to yell all of this out at him until his eardrum popped, but my mouth wouldn't move. It looks like the damage from the assault did more to me than I thought. If I couldn't even move my mouth to talk, then how in the world was that marriage going to even happen? A mute as a bride isn't exactly an image, I believe this rude grumpy old man would want.

As though reading my mind, the old man thumped his cane on the floor twice. He looked down at me and said, "The less you talk the better. I would rather have an illegitimate filthy child like you stay silent than talk with that foul mouth of yours. Having you replace my granddaughter and getting married in her place is already humiliating enough."

Oh, I wanted to strangle this old man. If he was an actor, he would be good cause I hate him already. Everything coming out of his mouth was making me boil with rage. If I could just move, I would kick him where it would hurt the most. I'm only this patient because I can't move, and because he was a senior. If it wasn't for those two, I wouldn't spare his face at all!

The old man turned away from me and marched towards the door with the person who tended to me. He glances back while clicking his tongue, "Such a waste to treat trash like you."