21

ALEXANDER POV

We spent about an hour clearing our minds while double checking the weapons closet in the pack house.  Olivia had a few suggestions for items we could add so John placed rush orders with suppliers to make sure we were ready.  She gave me some pointers about the way she handles torture training which allowed me a better perspective on how to use the tools we have.

I've never tortured anyone.  There have been a few occasions where I put someone in the dungeon then left it in John's hands.  Now it's time for me to step up as a leader so our pack can stay safe.  Knowledge is power, and my sweet mate can help me learn everything I need to know so I am able to be the Alpha they deserves.

Violet called at about noon to let us know she was a half hour away.  Willow was already hungry and devoured a grilled cheese sandwich while I was still trying to get my stomach to settle.  My daughter loved having play time down in a panic room we have tucked in the basement.  Kara had her tablet and they watched one of the Barbie Princess movies while coloring.

You would think it was a fun field trip and not a necessary evil.

I am glad I created a cellar at our home for moments like this but know I need to discuss that with my mate soon.  She will want to be at my side, facing whatever comes our way, but we can't leave Willow alone.  For the moment it is not a concern but I made a mental note to bring up the topic another day.  Then again, Caleb and Anna are near our house and there are a few nearby homes available for other families.  Maybe Cal and Meg will want to move into one of them and Willow can stay protected with Meg and their baby 

Olivia and I sat on the front steps of the pack house while Willow played with a kickball Kara found downstairs.  John jogged to the dungeon so he could give Silas a lunch break while I leaned back against my elbows to soak up some sunshine.  A couple of trustworthy younger warriors were interested in helping so he took them along.

Letting go of control has happened a lot in the last week.  By finally opening up to my mate I have been able to free myself from so much stress that has been on my shoulders for years.  Then again, since Cal and Meg have their baby boy due soon it will be helpful to have more wolves able to work alongside leadership.  That would also allow me to have a bit more free time so I can relax with my family.

"It's a beautiful day," my mate said with a happy sigh, leaning into me while my arm wrapped around her more tightly.

Willow giggled after kicking the ball further than Kara expected which made my sister huff in annoyance.  "You're already better at this than me, Princess," she complained with a grin.

I heard a car and smiled as a blue sedan approached carefully.  Liv gasped, standing as the car pulled to a stop in front of the pack house.  A short brunette jumped out of the drivers side and left the door open before racing into my mate's arms.

Violet.  Her best friend since childhood.  This woman means so much to Liv, so having her in our pack even for a short visit is going to be fun for the woman I love.  The joy she feels radiates through our bond, like a piece of her has finally been slipped into place to allow her complete happiness.  I am sure I would feel the same if Callum and John lived 5 hours away from me.

It was hard to tell what they were saying since they spoke over one another for a moment before Kara joined the group hug.  Willow came closer to me but looked curious, peeking at the women while they greeted one another.

"Oh my god, you're marked!" Violet squealed, staring at Liv's neck in amazement.  She turned towards us and offered a bright grin.  "Hey!  I'm Violet.  Are you Willow?"

My daughter nodded shyly as our new friend turned back to Liv.  "God, she's adorable."  She met my eyes and I grinned, stepping closer to reach out my hand toward her.