12

ALEXANDER POV

I opened the door to our bedroom and no longer held my breath waiting for Olivia's reactions.

She loves this house. I savored the way she seemed to find ways to make it home already.  Seeing Liv light up when she walked around the nursery made my heart soar.

I can't wait to continue getting to know this incredible woman.

The Master is huge, with an Alaskan king bed in front of an electric fireplace as the main focal point. Matching end tables with lamps sat on either side while to the right there are large dressers and a walk in closet. I designed the space so there is room for a chair in the corner by the fireplace and even a desk if we wanted one under one of the windows near the bathroom.

Everything is ready for us to move in. I took Meg's advice earlier about staging the house so the bed was made with white sheets and a dark green comforter. Part of me wanted to just curl up and pretend the world doesn't exist while we stay in this bubble, but there is more to see.

I may have outdone myself with how the bathroom is designed.

When I was here earlier and showed Liam around he cracked up laughing at the gigantic spa tub and shower with three rainfall showerheads.  The double sink has a wide marble counter where I already placed a few candles that smelled like fresh laundry.

I'll have to thank Kara for gifting them to me last Christmas.

"You better have a good water heater. My daughter spends way too much time in the bathroom," Liam teased during his tour, chuckling after taking a look around the space.

Olivia's sky blue eyes were wide as she made her way through the room, peeking in the closet then gasping when she stepped into the bathroom.

"I've had bedrooms smaller than this bathroom for most of my life, Alex..." she said softly, running her hand along the counter.

"Not anymore."

It was a statement that made her nod, looking in the mirror then meeting my eyes as I leaned against the door jamb behind her.

She turned and smiled, "You're right. Not anymore."

Olivia slipped past me then peeked out the windows before leaning against the bed while I approached. It was obvious she had something on her mind so I was patient as she decided what to say.

"Alex?"

I stepped closer and took her hands in mine, then nodded.

She let out a long breath while looking away then met my eyes. "I don't want either of us to feel an obligation to mark each other right away, especially considering how much we need to sort through... but when the time comes, I want to mark you here.  For us to mark each other... here."

Her words sank in and I understood what she meant.

Olivia wants our first time together to be in the house I built, the room I have had waiting for her.

Waiting for both of us.

My breath caught and I pulled her into a hug, blinking back tears as I whispered, "Thank you. I agree."

It is a surprise how strongly we are already bonded.  Her statement earlier that she trusts me was a much needed reassurance.

I may be a strong Alpha and leader, but I still needed to hear from her lips how she feels.  Peeking into her memories through our bond was something I hesitated to do before we had time to share about our lives.  Of course I can tell how genuine she is but there is still so much I want to know.