26.Meri Laksmi

Aradhna's Pov

Finally, the wheels of justice turned, bringing solace to the departed souls of my grandparents. The reunion of Maan and his mother added another layer of happiness to the moment, and the malevolent culprits were now where they belonged, behind the bars. A sense of contentment and relief washed over me, a balm to the wounds that had festered for years.

"I am proud of you, Aradhna," Manish sir's voice pulled me from my contemplation.

"Thank you, sir," I replied, a genuine smile adorning my face."I hope you continue to serve and save the nation," he expressed, a touch of paternal concern in his words.

"Of course, sir. Every time I said that I could die for this nation, I meant it. I would still do anything for this nation without thinking twice," I affirmed, my commitment unwavering.

"Well, now go home. I am giving you a break this month," he declared with a hint of generosity.

"Jai Hind, sir," I saluted, expressing my gratitude, and with that, I left. The weight of responsibilities momentarily lifted, allowing me the luxury of a reprieve. The journey had been arduous, the path filled with challenges, but in this moment, as I walked away from the precincts of duty, I couldn't help but feel a sense of accomplishment.

As I reached home, I was greeted with my parents sitting in the living room.  

"Aaja mera bacha" Maa said as she saw me. 

They both took my hand and took me towards the portraits of my dada-dadi. I lightened up a diva infront of their pictures.

"You've made us proud, Aradhna," my father began, his eyes reflecting a mixture of emotions.

My mother reached out, gently cupping my face in her hands. "You're not just our daughter, Aradhna, you're a symbol of courage and strength. We always knew you were destined for something remarkable."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I felt their unwavering support. It was a moment of acknowledgment that transcended words. My journey had been challenging, fraught with dangers and sacrifices, but to see the pride in my parents' eyes made it all worthwhile.

"We were worried about you, Aru," my mother admitted, her voice carrying a mix of relief and pride. "But seeing you now, safe and triumphant, it's more than we could have hoped for."

My father nodded in agreement. "Your commitment to the nation is commendable, but never forget that you're our daughter first. Your safety and well-being will always be our utmost concern."

They embraced me and just then I felt my two brothers and bhabhi joining the hug. 

"Much bhi hug krna hai bui ko." I heard the voice of my little munchkin. We all chucked and broke the hug. I moved towards him and hugged him close to my heart.

Rishabh bhai came towards me and side hugged me. "I knew you could and you did." He said in a low voice, enough for me to hear. If not for him, I know I would have slipped into a very dark place, if it wasn't for his motivation, I would have never joined RAW. We might have a Tom and Jerry bond but at the end of the day, it is us against the world. Ram came towards me and placed his hand on my head. I looked into his eyes and I could see how far we have come from that night, where we were running together and saving our lives. 

"Let's go, let's have dinner." Maa said

During dinner, I told my family everything about Radha Maa. To say they were shocked, would be an understatement. 

"Now what next?" Bhabhi asked

"Ab next is the wedding for which we again have to decide on a new date because according to the previous date, today we were supposed to start with the functions." Maa said

"And you young lady tell your boss not to give you work till the wedding." she continued, directing her words at me

"Yes Mother." I said and after some time we all retired to our rooms. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Abhimaan's POV

"I am so happy Radhna that papa never gave my mother's place to that vile woman. Even he opened his and Mia's room today, after so many years." I said to Aradhna as we are talking on video call. After coming back home, we got to know that papa never let that woman stay in his and maa's room and then we all had a heart family dinner, after a long time. 

"I am happy too Maan." She said with a smile on her face. 

"Now only one thing is left and then my life would be complete." I said

"And what is it?" She asked 

"Our wedding, next week." I said 

"Mr. Singhania, if you don' know, we'll have to decide upon a new wedding date because according the one you are talking about, our wedding functions were to start today." She said to my disappointment. 

"What? Why?" I whined and she chuckled

"Yes"

"Meet me tomorrow for breakfast?" I asked

"okay" she said

We talked for a bit more and don't know when, we both fell asleep. 

The next morning when I woke up, the first thing I saw was her peaceful face on the video call. I could admire her face whole day. I can't wait to start my days with admiring her first thing in the morning and end them by taking her in my arms. I can't want to get married to her. 

I could see her waking up and she saw her phone.

"Good morning Jaan." I said

"Good morning" she replied in her sleepy voice and passed me her million dollar smile for which I could die. 

"How I wish you were in my arms right now." I said 

"Uhmm? Well for that you need to marry me first." She said

"Let's ditch the breakfast date and go to the temple and get married." I said 

"Hold your horses Mr. Singhania. Talk to my parents and take me with you properly." she said 

"That I'll do first thing in the evening, but for now get ready. I need to take you for breakfast and then to the office." I said

"Office? Why?" She asked 

"Because I am going to show maa my workplace for the first time and I need my wife to accompany so that two of the most important women in my life, my lakshmis enter my office together." I said 

"I love you Maan"

"I love you too Meri Jaan. Now get ready, I'll pick you in an hour." I said and went to get ready.

________________________________________________________________________________

How did you all like the chapter? I know it was not as good as the previous ones and more of a filler chapter but I think it was important for Aradhna and her family to get their closure. 

In the next Chapter I would also like to portray the changes in Abhimaan's family and the relationship between them.

Vote Target-80

Comments- 20 

IG- plot_spinner