3.Jealousy

The Next Day 

Aradhna's Pov

"Aradhna, you're leaving for Tazaakistan," my boss, Mr. Manish Sharma, informed me with a sense of urgency in his voice. "Exactly three hours from now, you'll be leaving. As per your intel, the ALSIS is not only planning an attack on the parliament but also targeting two other locations. Your mission is to go there, gather information about the targets, eliminate the threat, and return."

Last night, just after Meera and Kabir's engagement, I had received a text instructing me to head directly to Mumbai and report to headquarters. Regretfully, I had to leave the celebration without a word of explanation to my friends and family. As I entered my house, I swiftly changed and packed my essentials. Leaving a note for my family, I informed them that I would meet them directly at Meera's mehendi, my phone would be off, and they wouldn't be able to reach me.They are well aware of my Job and me being MIA isn't news to them.

"Yes, sir. I'll keep you updated," I assured my boss.

"Jai Hind, Officer," he responded.

"Jai Hind, sir."

With determination in my heart, I approached my desk, where my new passport awaited me alongside an envelope. I opened the passport to discover that for the duration of this mission, I would be known as SAYRA KHAN. Then, I turned my attention to the envelope, revealing the details of our target, MUJAHIR LADEN, the terrorist I was tasked with interrogating. As soon as I laid eyes on his photograph, a surge of determination coursed through me.

"Count your last few days, Laden," I whispered to myself, my resolve unyielding. "You won't escape after attempting to jeopardise my country." With that, I left for the airport, ready to kill the man and save my country.

Time Skip 

The Next Day 

"Sir, I've gathered intelligence suggesting that Laden regularly brings girls to his mansion to satisfy his desires. Yesterday, I decided to venture into the market to draw their attention and gain access to his mansion," I reported to my boss, Mr. Malhotra, over the phone.

It has been two days that I have been in Tajakistan and I have observing Laden's activities.

"Alright, make sure you have your gun with you and extract any information you can from that Bastard," my boss ordered."Jai Hind, sir," I responded."Jai Hind, Aradhna. Make our country proud."

With those words echoing in my mind, I set out for the market, disguised in a burqa. I knew it was only a matter of time before Laden's men arrived to collect the girls.

As I entered the market, a group of luxury cars pulled in, and as expected, a group of men emerged. They held my arm and began dragging me towards one of the cars, along with three other girls. Fifteen minutes later, we arrived at Laden's mansion, where we were ushered into the living room. A few men removed our burqas, their lustful gazes unnerving us. Despite the situation, I maintained my composure.

Shortly after, Laden himself entered the room, eyeing us as if we were objects on display. He then singled me out and pulled me towards one of the rooms. I concealed a victorious smirk, knowing that this was the opportunity I needed. From the corner of my eye, I noticed the other men escorting the remaining girls into separate rooms.

As soon as I entered the room with Laden, he ordered, "STRIP."

I complied, removing my burqa to reveal my attire—cargo pants and a black T-shirt. Surprise and confusion flickered across Laden's face as he realised I wasn't what he had anticipated. Before he could react, I swiftly strangled him with my burqa, securing him to a chair and locking the door.