12.My Maan, My Pride🫀

Aradhna's POV 

As I turned behind to look at the owner of the voice, I saw a girl of my age standing, looking shocked. 

Abhimaan's expression shifted from peaceful to slightly frustrated as he saw the unexpected guest. He disentangled his fingers from mine and stood up, wearing a polite smile.

"Hey, Priya," he greeted her, his tone friendly but not overly warm. "I didn't expect to see you here."

Priya, who seemed a bit taken aback by our presence, recovered quickly. "Well, I had a last-minute business meeting in Delhi, and I decided to stay at this hotel. Imagine my surprise when I see you sitting here by the pool, looking all cozy with...," she trailed off, her eyes flickering to me.

Abhimaan stepped closer to me, subtly putting himself between Priya and me. "Priya, this is Aradhna, my fiancé. Aradhna, meet Riya, a friend."

I extended my hand, offering a polite smile. "Nice to meet you, Priya."

Riya didn't bother to acknowledge me and started bombarding Mr. Singhania with questions.

"How could you? You never wanted to marry me? How can you marry her?I thought we had something special.I have a name for myself in the business world. I am in every way more suitable to be your bride." She said

"Don't you dare say anything against her or you'll see the worst of me. I never wanted to marry you and never in a million years will I ever agree to marry you. Whatever you and I had was in the past but Aradhna is my present and future. If anyone can be my wife, it is only Aradhna, you stay away from us." Abhimaan said in dangerously calm voice

"You think he loves you? I will prove you that I am the only one capable to marry him. He will forget you." She said looking at me.

Abhimaan held my hand and took me inside the lounge.

"I am so sorry meri Jaan, she is no one to me please believe me." He said looking straight into my eyes.

"Relax Mr. Singhania, take a seat." I said and made him sit on the sofa.

I held his hand and said," She was your past, that's completely okay. You don't have to explain anything to me from the time I wasn't in your life."

"You trust me right?" He asked

"Of course I do, if I didn't, I wouldn't have agreed to marry you. And you yourself said that she is your past but I am your present and future."I said

He hugged me tight. We sat there for a few minutes.

"Wait a minute, you didn't say anything to her, don't you feel possessive over me?" He asked with mischievous eyes

"Mr. Singhania, there's a fine line between trust and possessiveness. I trust you completely, and I know your feelings for me are genuine. That's why I didn't feel the need to engage in any drama with her. I believe in our relationship, and I'm not threatened by anyone from your past or someone who tries their luck with you." I said with a smile. 

"You are amazing meri Jaan. He said

A mischievous glint returned to his eyes. "But, just so you know, if any guy ever tries to make a move on you, they better be ready to face the consequences."

I couldn't help but laugh. "I have no doubt about that."

As we sat their in silence, Abhimaan opened up about his past relationship. "You know, I was in a relationship with Riya during college. It wasn't love, just a crush, and I got into it because of the pressure. Everything was going fine until I overheard her talking to a friend. She admitted she was only with me for my money and surname. After that, I decided to steer clear of relationships. It wasn't a heartbreak, more like a reality check that not everyone is who they appear to be. I always had this fear that people liked me because of my wealth and name."