21.Me Or This Country?

Aradhna's POV

My engagement was no less than a dream. Who would have thought the great and ruthless businessman Abhimaan Singhania would go on his knees. The moment he confessed his love for me, I couldn't hold back my own emotions, everything was going well until he made an appearance. To my surprise he was related to Maan. The moment I saw him, I wanted to strangle him to death but I refrained myself, there are many answers I need before I do that.

I didn't want to tell Maan anything until I can punish the the sinners responsible for the loss of his mother.

As he and his wife left the stage, I and Abhay shared a knowing look. Abhay immediately left the venue and I knew the countdown to his end begin. We were all enjoying the event but all the while I had my eyes on him. After everything he has done, that idiot doesn't even remember me. I would make sure he remembers me and regret every second of his existence.

After the engagement we all got back home. I immediately changed and left for the headquarters.

I know for a fact that he is not here only to attend the wedding. As I reach the headquarters, I went to Shubhra, she is the IT Genius of the department.

"Shubhra what do you have on Radha Singhania?" I asked her

"Ma'am, she joined RAW at the age of 18. She worked for us initially in the field and inform us about the terrorist activities from Turkey. Once, she came back to India, she fell in love, got married and had kids. After having twins she left the department. Soon after a news of her being a casualty in the Varanasi attack came but her body was never found." She said

"Do you think she was onto something? I mean something doesn't sit right with me. Those terrorist could have simply killed her but they took her away. Why?" I expressed my worries

"That's exactly what I thought, I have started to dig out the information, give me 24 hours." She said, I nodded leaving her office.

I left the headquarters with Abhay. He and I spent the rest of the night in observing his activities. We were successful in tapping his phone as we were in the same hotel as his. We were listening to every call and one call in particular was strange and suspicious.

"Didi chidiya ke ankh katdiye par uska muh nahi khul raha." He said

"Kholegi muh chidiya, sabr karo or mehfil ki tayyari karo." Woman on the other side said and the call went silent.

The voice of the woman was computerised, no one could know who it was on the other side.

It was important for me to know who it was on their side and who are they referring to as chidiya? And what do they mean by mehfil?

"We need to inform Manish sir." Abhay said

"Yes, let's go." I replied

We left for the headquarters and informed everything to Manish sir.

________________________________________________________________________________

Abhimaan's POV

It has been 2 days since the engagement. The preparations for the wedding are going on. Amidst all this, I have made sure I spend at least an hour with Ayesha everyday and that she attends self-defence classes. She has still not told men who she told about her stalker. I want to give her the space she requires.

"What do you think about a jungle wedding?" Karan asked me, breaking my trance.

"Jungle wedding?" I asked

Sometimes I wonder why am I even friends with this idiot?

"Yes, everyone gets married in the royal resorts in Rajasthan, you should get married in a jungle." He said