17.Revelations

Author's POV

Aradhna had returned after freshening up, and a sense of calm now enveloped the living room where her family and loved ones awaited her explanations.

"Bhabhi, how did you know about the terrorists?" Vihaan inquired with genuine curiosity.

"Vihaan, I work with the Government of India. I receive notifications about such activities before they become public knowledge. I had to leave and assist the CM. Considering the dangerous circumstances, it wasn't safe for any of you to return to Mumbai, so I arranged this farmhouse for your safety before departing for Dehradun," Aradhna replied, her eyes reflecting the weight of her responsibilities.

"But why did you go, even when you knew the CM was in danger?" Abhimaan's father inquired, his concern etched on his face.

"Uncle, I had no choice. It's my duty," Aradhna stated, emphasizing the unwavering commitment that came with her role.

Karan leaned in with a burning question. "How did you escape the attack yesterday morning?"

Aradhna hesitated, grappling with the challenge of presenting the truth. She wasn't with the CM during the supposed attack. Instead, she had been at a separate location, defusing a bomb. The news of the attack was deliberately fabricated by the Indian government to prevent public panic regarding the explosive device. In reality, the casualties reported were members of the terrorist group, and the injured were in custody for further investigation. However, due to complex international politics, these facts couldn't be disclosed to the public.

Taking a moment to collect her thoughts, Aradhna finally replied, "All thanks to the Indian Army and Police forces around us."

"Now, is the situation under control?" Ayesha asked

"Yes, it is." Aradhna said with a smile and continued," We can leave for Mumbai day after tomorrow." 

Everyone nodded their head and had dinner. 

Aradhna returned to her room, ready to unwind and get some rest. She had barely settled in when there came a soft but persistent knock at her door. Wondering who could be visiting at this late hour, she opened the door and was met with the heartwarming sight of her entire family gathered outside.

Without a moment's hesitation, Rishabh stepped forward and wrapped his sister in a bear hug, overwhelming her with his relief. Following suit, Vikram held Aradhna tightly, expressing his joy at her safe return. The emotional embrace moved from one family member to another, with her father, mother, and bhabhi all holding her close, their eyes glistening with tears of happiness.

"Are yaar Mumma, bhabhi kya hua, theek hoon main." Aradhna reassured them, her voice filled with warmth and comfort.

"Chalo, guys, let's sit and talk," Aradhna suggested, and they all settled down, forming a protective circle around her. Aradhna reclined, resting her head on her mother's lap, feeling the soothing presence of her loved ones.

"Aradhna, bache, tu theek hai na?" her father inquired, his eyes searching her face for any sign of distress.

"Haan, meri jaan, bilkul theek," Aradhna replied dramatically, eliciting soft chuckles from her family. The camaraderie and love that bound them together felt like a comforting balm after the intense experiences of the past days.

Rishabh and Vikram, the caring brothers that they were, approached Aradhna with the intention of tending to her injuries. Rishabh offered his support while Vikram gently began changing her dressing. As they worked, Rishabh couldn't help but hiss in pain, and Vikram's eyes welled up with tears, moved by the depth of their sibling bond.