33| Motorcycles & Butterflies

*************

*************

Minho pulled off his shades as he looked around the large empty space, he caught sight of a figure standing against one of the many motorbikes on display.

"What's gotten you so eager to race this morning?" his best friend questioned.

"Just wanted to show my husband my hobby," Minho replied casually.

Chan looked bemused as a yawn escaped his mouth. He shook his head slightly almost like he was trying to wake himself up before he straightened up and turned to fully face the idiot he called his best friend.

"So, the reason I had to drag my sorry ass out of bed on a Saturday morning was so that you could show off to your little squirrel?" he asked, clearly not impressed.

"He might be a squirrel but he's not mine," Minho denied.

"Says the guy who just called him 'my husband'," Chan said, using furious air quotations to exaggerate things.

"Because that's who he is," Minho defended himself.

Chan rolled his eyes.

"Whatever," he muttered, gesturing a hand to the side. "Here's your stupid motorbike, I hope you scratch it."

Minho flipped Chan off before taking the keys from him.

"Thanks, old man."

"Hey! I'm only a year older than you," Chan reminded him. "One year older. Just one," he showed one finger making Minho chuckle.

"Race with me?" he asked.

Chan's face fell in surprise.

"You've got to be kidding me. You're really trying hard to show off, aren't you?"

"You're not that bad of a racer, hyung," Minho reassured him.

Chan scoffed, "Against anyone else, I'm an ace," he agreed. "Against you, I'm an amateur."

"One race," Minho bargained. "It won't kill your ego. Besides, your precious blonde angel isn't here to watch you lose."

Chan swatted at his best friend's arm. "I regret telling you things, Lee Minho."

"I regret hearing said things, Bang Chan, but here we are," Minho gestured around cheekily.

Chan rolled his eyes again before sighing deeply.

Minho knew everything because Chan told him everything. They were best friends, after all. And as soon as Felix agreed to coffee with Chan, Minho was his first call. He spent a good ten minutes just gushing over how beautiful the freckled blonde looked and how interesting his personality was. How no one had treated Chan like he had before. Minho managed to do the dishes, feed Soonie, and water his plastic plant in the time it took until he could speak his first word since the phone call started.