28| Separate Outings

*************

*************

Felix pulled a shirt over his head as he exited his bedroom. Since he'd taken two days off from the café he decided to get some much-needed sleep. Only waking up around 10 am instead of his usual 6:30 am. He yawned while running his hands through his bedhead before stretching his arms out and walking through the empty apartment.

Jisung had said he had something to do today, he tried to lie at first but Felix knew him too well. After bribery with brownies and whipped cream, he spilled his guts with a smile. Minho was taking him to a music festival. 

It was weird seeing his brother like this but it was a kind of weird that Felix would gladly accept as their new normal. Jisung was always uptight, overworked, and exhausted. He never had time for anything going between Han Corp and the studio. When he did have time in the past he spent it with Felix or with his sorry excuse of an ex-boyfriend. 

It just showed now how much of a wrong fit the two were from the beginning. Juyeon used to expect too much from Jisung. Extravagant dates at expensive restaurants or high-end venues. Weekend getaways out of the city or in foreign countries. Like that time he begged and guilted Jisung into postponing work just so they could go to Hawaii. He used the excuse of the company photoshoot needing more supervision but really he had ulterior motives. A spa day and tourist attractions were his endgame.

Jisung had to split himself in a hundred different ways, trying to keep his parents happy, his boyfriend, and himself. But it was hopeless in the end, at least one of the three got neglected, and more often than not that one happened to be Jisung.

Except now it seemed like Jisung had more time. He was still working the same tedious hours at the company while sparing time for the studio. He still had to be reminded what time it was and what day it was but somehow he seemed more at ease and less stressed. So really maybe it wasn't Han Corp that was making Jisung so unhappy.

And the time he spent with Minho was a good amount. Always going out to lunch or the arcade, or something. But it was simple. Nothing that consumed too much of his time and tired him out or spiked his anxiety unnecessarily. And yes, they were married but weren't a couple. Felix was well aware of that, but he was also well aware that this was the calmest he'd ever seen Jisung be since they were kids. Whether this accidental and drunken mistake turned real or turned into a genuine friendship, Felix was happy either way.

As long as Jisung was okay, mentally and physically, just okay. 

That's all that mattered.

That was enough.

His twin even had more time nowadays to spend with him, which was rare but well appreciated. Although it always turned into a group thing whenever Hyunjin dramatically dropped in on them. Sometimes scaring the two half to death because he never knocked and just used his key, strutting into their apartment like he owned it. Typical Hwang Hyunjin behaviour honestly.