Sit by you.

Kate

It was almost midnight, I sat there taking in the quietness and the beautiful sky littered with diamond like stars.

Life was funny and tragic like that, it had throw and keep throwing the biggest storms your way untill you're completely shattered, devoid of all hope and happiness and lost. But then, the moment it becomes your normal, when you are ready to face it, to punch it back in the face, it retrieves all afflictions.

The day my father sent me here I knew it was a do or die situation, I knew my life was on line, but what did actually happen? I think I know what did happen.

Rome Moretti happened.

He's like a hurricane but also the serenity that follows. He was like a foreign word to me, that could only really be described in it's native language or it had lose it's value.

The sound of the giant gates opening snapped me from my thoughts and I saw Rome's car entering.

A few minutes later he walked upto me and sat beside me. His sleeves were rolled his white button up's sleeves rolled and his hair touselled.

"Do you remember Ricco and Hazel?" he asked, breaking the silence. His shoulders were tense, forehead creasing and he looked at me sternly.

I nodded my head a no.

"Ricco is the man I had killed for betraying me and Hazel was the blonde woman that had come to my office that day. She's Rocco's sister. I think she wants to avenge his brother's death which is why she's planning something and asking people for help.

My men have reportedly seen her in the exact cities, we tracked your sister to be in. We're looking for links between them, but you let me know when you get any information on her."

I nodded my head again and looked away at the dark sky and the stars that glittered in it.

I thought he would leave but he sat there, but I wasn't sure where was he looking.

"Why do you look so lost?" he asked after a moment.

I shrugged, "I'm thinking if this is real or not."

"What is?"

I looked at him, his face glowing under the dimly lit lantern hanging above him, "This.. you, your family, me, this marriage."

We stared at each other, studying our feature's, "Which part of it do you think isn't real?" he asked so seriously it was repulsing to think he wouldn't think otherwise.

I looked at his eyes, my own softening, "The part where you don't bring back your business to home and take it out on others."

My eyes wandered to his cheeks, they were small and round around his delicately carved cheekbones. "It is weird. This lifestyle isn't what I'm accustomed to, it feels out of place for me."

His lips pursed at my remark, "I can understand how terrible it must've been growing up around those insensitive manchildren, and it is alright if you think like this. But I'm not them, and they weren't me, not everyone has to be the same, and being different doesn't necessarily have to equal to deceiving it."

It was scary how right he was, all of this for me was like breaking my shell to become a new person, because I couldn't continue to live with the personality I'd always had.

"That is true," is all I could reply.

"Kate,"

"Hmm?"

"I know this marriage was out of obligation and I might never be your first choice of a husband, but I'm ready to give it a chance." he said, his eyes pensive.