The first meet.

Kate's POV:

I was the most snobby and cold among my siblings

I was the most snobby and cold among my siblings. Well that's what everyone around me presumed about me, atleast. It wasn't much of a surprise since I've always been a distant motherfucker unlike my siblings.

I calmed my nerves and leveled my breathing, wearing the mask of indifference I entered our large hall room, now bustling with guests and loud chatter.

The moment I descended the very last stair all eyes had already been up to me.
My father, the consigliere of the Italian mafia, was standing at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me with something other than disgust and anger in his eyes for me for a change, but I couldn't care less.

I nodded him in greeting and took his hand rather reluctantly.

I knew what I was born into and I'd grown tired of pitying myself so I decided rather than expecting a life from dick heads I'll make one on my own.
And agreeing to this arrangement wasn't anything other than my first step towards freedom.

The throne of the Italian mafia was officially to be gone in the hands of it's hier now, Rome Moretti. Everyone including me had just heard tales about his ruthlessness and dominant aura but today we shall see for ourselves.

I looked around the room and I could already see the hushed whispers and gossip flowing through the air. Well, it was also Kate Russo's much awaited debut in the mafia world so it was understandable.

The emotions on everyone's faces differed from shock to animosity to mock.

The moment I'd come down I could feel a pair of eyes burn holes through my skin and the moment I turned to it's source I was met with amber eyes dark and the most beautiful face I'd ever witnessed. His body was the perfect amount of lean and bulky and there was no doubt this was him. The hier to the Italian Mafia and the most feared among all.

He stood there with his doninanting aura enveloping the entire room, women and men that even my father respected flocking around him like sheeps. Ready to leap at any chance just for a glance from him.

But his eyes were glued to me, devouring my appearance from afar. He had my heart racing and I wasn't even close to him yet.

My father's hand tightening on my forearm brought me back to the conversation I was dragged into, I gave him a warning side glance discreet enough to not let other's see but make his hand losen.

"Ms.Russo" A deep voice came from behind me sending tingles down my spine and snapping everyone's gazes towards the source, stopping them mid conversation.

I turned around and didn't let my mask of indifference falter when I locked eyes with his alluring ones and adressed him back "Mr.Moretti" I said with a calm voice when I was everything but that.