chapter 1

Stephanie -28
Sebastian - 30

                      Stephanie

   The early morning chirping and singing of the birds ringing in my ears . My bed being a total mess with the duvets untucked and quilts and blankets shattered all over. I open my eyes adjusting to the light in my room .  Stretching my arms and arching my spine I push my upper body and resting my legs on the carpet on my room.

  I look out at the white opaque curtains and my plants resting on the railings of my balcony some hanging from the top. Morning dew drops on the leaflets I smile at the beautiful sight. I usually skip breakfast so I directly enter my bathroom which is connected to my master bedroom. living alone in new york is difficult but i still enjoy the feeling of being independent after all the years of hard work I put in to become a CFA and CMA .

    Walking out from the bathroom in my silk thin towel I stand in front of the mirror and smile.

   "Good morning"

I wish myself and help apply some derma sunscreen to protect my dusky caramel skin from the summer days. My mind goes back to him. Sebastian. Am i just a dreamer? Is that all we were? Our memories with just the eye contacts we've made make its way to my heart . It feels heavy. Like always . His dark sharp black eyes so cold to others would compliment me every time they caught mine.

  Sighing I let place the product aside pushing my thoughts and get to work. I take my lunch ,grabbing the keys of my apartment I walk towards the elevator.

     "Morning Stephanie " my neighbour aunty linda greets me.

    " Morning aunty . How's you this morning? Seems like your grand son is a night boy. I hear the little champ midnight."

   " Ah honey. He's such a little menace I tell you . You should babysit him you'll know how it feels to raise heathens. " She laughed . The woman in her mid 50s still looked so gorgeous. Her hair always in a messy bun but looked so perfectly done. She's always supported me since I bought my apartment and I've never felt outcast.

   My mornings weren't easy. They are always cyclones of feelings and emotions. I feel so content around people but when aloof my own soul eats up itself. Walking out I get in my uber .

    Glancing at the streets of New York I take in all the energy radiated by the lanes. I slide my hand inside my silver jewelled bag and dig out my Tupperware container. Scooping my chia pudding and savoring each bite I let the seeds settle on my tongue.

    The driver pulls in to my office escorting me to the huge glass gate . I adjust my blouse one last time and fix my hair before letting a foot out . Walking inside my office my colleague comes hastily my way. The woman in her 30s a mother of a 4 year old looks so sexy without an effort. Her lips always red and glossed, hair straightened, outfit co ordinated, accessories subtle. She holds me on days I give up , her shoulder some how makes me rise over and over .
" Hey beautiful, i love that new blouse" she holds my hand crossing fingers with mine. Her other hand gripping over the files she worked up with the day before. " Oh Lilly, that's the one you got me for .... For ... I don't remember but it's definitely you who got me this fabric." I smiled brighter than ever when I was with her .

  " Yea. I know that's exactly why I think it's gorgeous"

    She flips her hair dramatically making us share a strong of laughter before we more to our cabins and start with the days . I look at the pile of files on my table and stretch arms towards the the ceiling and arch my back pulling my chair closer to the table getting right into it.

_____________________________________

Hanging my handbag on my shoulder I walk down the stairs of my office gate. My 3 inch peach heels making a clinking sound to the marble flooring .
I bring out my phone to call my uber when I see my best friends number on the screen.

    " hey babe" i say picking up her call

    " Stephanie Doll i miss you so much."

     " that's a new one. I'm certain there's a craft that my little witch wants to perform."

    She let out a soft laugh and continued her no where going talks.

     " let's go out. It's sefria's spinster party together. Let the sole of ur heels touch some dance floor and your hips to some music."

   I get upset all times when I leave my ass alone and work at home late nights. It just pushes my world further towards his thoughts of how i fanatsized him to touch me. The esctasy I'd push into his veins with my seduction . Though in the real world I sit bleeding my heart through aches on thoughts of him with some else.
Was he really never mine?

    I need some distraction and i wanna have fun in my life the way I deserve to be.

    " I'll be there" i say hanging up .