42

Opening my eyes, I find Holly waiting on the couch, with her knees brought to her chest.

"So? That was a long time to be standing in the hallway just talking"

All I could do was let out the happiest laugh I've felt in so long. She raised her eyebrows, and I nodded, causing her to jump out of her seat and rush over to me.

"Y/N, finally!" She yelled, and I echoed it with a laugh, relaxing into her arms.

"Finally it's coming together.."

I just had enough time to tell her all the details, when my phone started ringing in my pocket.

"Is that him already? You better answer" I blushed and she kissed my cheek, as I escaped her and walked down the hallway.

"Wow, you actually mean it when you said you would call"

"Of course I meant it, honey. I always keep my promises" Matt hummed, his laugh making my heart jump.

"I see that...thank you" I mumble, closing my door, in order to keep Holly away from listening anymore than she already is.

"Can I say something weird?"

"Sure, I like weird. I mean..I like you"

"Wow, great flirting. I'm feeling all the love" he laughed, and then sighed. He cleared his throat, pulling me to attention.

"Go ahead. What is it, Matt?" I asked, sitting on my messy bed.

"I already miss you. It hasn't even been ten minutes and I miss you" he confessed, with a laugh.

"I miss you too, Matt. If we're going to be honest with each other, I missed you so much last week, and even more when we didn't talk, and-" I said into the phone and his ears.

"That year after you quit...I know. I missed you like hell during that time too, it killed me being away from you" he said, pulling the words from my mouth. "And I want us to be honest with each other, Y/N. Always.."

"I never thought I'd stop missing you all those times. And look where we are now" I said and he let out a happy laugh.

"Yeah, here we are. Together...it's about time" he laughed, making me laugh too. "What are you doing on Sunday?"

"Probably just watching TV in my pyjamas"

"That sounds like a wonderful Sunday. Why don't you come over and watch TV in your pyjamas with me? I'll put my pyjamas on too" he suggested, proving this can get better.

"That sounds great, Matt. I'd love to see you in your pyjamas"

"I'd like to make dinner for you too" he said, knocking me off my feet again.

"Hey, can you make that pie? That picture you sent me the last time you made it, it looked delicious"

"I'd love to" he laughed.

"Great, I'll bring dessert"

"I can't wait. Sunday can't come quick enough" he said, the purring of the car engine in the background.

"I couldn't agree more"

"How does five sound?"

"Sounds like a date" I laughed, again wondering if this was real.

"Hey, I'm supposed to say that because it's my date! I said I'd get the second date!" Matt whined and I didn't think I could stop laughing.

I wonder if I'll ever stop loving him, and to that question, I already knew the answer.