41

There was knocking the waves I was riding, and I couldn't wait longer to do the very thing that would make them bigger.

Holly was sprawled on the couch when I opened the door, finding it impossible to hide the smile on my face as I read a text from Matt.

Matt: I haven't been this excited for something in a long time . I can't wait to see you on Friday, I hope I can wait that long ;) good luck on your case with Jason tomorrow, you'll do great

"Look who has a pep in their step. I don't think I've seen you smile in days, since Matt left. What's the occasion?" She teased.

"I may have had a good day" I shrugged, putting my jacket away into the closet.

"Since when? You were in a crap mood the last time we spoke, having 'Matt withdrawals' so the only reason you could be happy right now, if you saw him, which would be impossible" she mumbled. I look at her as she wiggles her eyebrows. "Wait, he's still here, isn't he?" She asked

I shook my head and smiled, showing my teeth. "He came back today, his case finished early, Holly. And I asked him on a date!

"You didn't? Y/N, you better be kidding me, or I'll be really pissed" she laughed and emotions buzzed around me, my happiness growing bigger.

Me: I don't know if I can wait that longer either, Matt, because I can't remember the last time I was this excited

"I'm not kidding, Holly, and he said yes. He didn't even let me finish asking before he said yes!" I tell her, sending the message and feeling her arms come around me in shock when I look back up.

"I'm so happy for you, Y/N. It's about time!"

"I can't remember the last time I was this happy" I admit, relaxing in her arms, even though I wished she was someone else.

"Did you kiss him?"

"No, I'm waiting for the date, I guess. I looked like crap today, and I've been up late the last few nights preparing for the case with Jason" I laughed, pulling away when my phone dinged.

"You don't plan a first kiss, they just happen"

"You're right" I admit, smiling. "We'll just see what happens"

Matt's POV

Her words stare back at me, and unknown to me, I wish I could see her again already. My footsteps wonder down the main hallway, and before I know what I'm doing, I arrive at her door. It was closed and the lights were off in there.

Me: miss you already

I sent the text and soon I entered a doorway of someone else's office, not the one I was hoping for

"It's about time you made your rounds and came to say hi to me. Should I be offended I'm the last person on your list?" Jason teased from behind his desk with a smile.

"Did Y/N leave already for the night?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe, watching the 'delivered' appear under my text.

"Yeah, I saw her twenty minutes ago when she was clocking out. Didn't you already see her?"

"Yeah, she was my first visitor. I was hoping to see her again" I shrugged, aware I wasn't hiding the smile on my face.

"And does that have anything to do with you smiling?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

"Maybe it has something to do with me having a date with her on Friday" I said, casually shrugging my shoulders, feeling my smile grow.

"Finally" Jason chimed, smiling and I nodded.