16

"Did you drive like a grandma over here or what?" I joked, walking up to his car. My eyes follow Matt as he walked around the front of his car.

Damn he looked good.

This isn't good. Not at all.

Trying to push the thought away, I catch him glancing at him. It didn't help how his handsome face was squished together. Or how his eyes roll.

"I'm sorry, miss. Traffic was bad. Didn't you get my text? I told you I'd be a bit late, you could've done more shopping"

"I'm just giving you shit" I said with a smile. He smiled before walking to my car. His hair was hidden under a hat. I couldn't help but notice the bags under his eyes and the stubble on his jaw.

"I wouldn't have guessed!" He said, making me laugh. He turned and held his hand out to me. "Keys please? Pop the hood so I can take a look"

Fuck, I hate how much I like you.

"Sure" I said, dropping them into his hand. It took a second before the headlights lit up. I got inside and pulled up the lever until he propped up the hood.

"Does it look bad?" I asked. He ducked under and looked around at the things I knew nothing about. It strikes me with an uncomfortable feeling seeing his ring less finger grasp the edge of the car.

"It look's normal to me. I mean, nothings smoking" he said and I playfully punched his shoulder. He smirked and licked his lips. "Which is a good thing, but we'll have to bring it in"

I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest. Looking away, I tried not to dwell on the stares from people walking back to their cars. God, this is embarrassing

"Hey, it's okay. We'll get it figured out" Matt said, touching my arm. I shrink away from his touch quickly and looked away at the flash of hurt on his face.

"I just..I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't any good mechanics or one who isn't expensive. It's not like I have money laying around for that"

"I know good people, don't worry" when I looked at him, he gave me one of those looks with a raised eyebrow. Daring with to argue with him or trust him. "Just trust me. Can you do that, Y/N?"

I don't know, Matt. Can I?

I nodded, following him with my eyes as he put the hood down. I feel all sorts of things and wish I didn't have to do this. I break eye contact, knowing I'm not making this any better. I hate things aren't okay with us. Is he just my boss, or my friend too? I hate anything coming between us, it-

"Do you have anything in your car you need to bring with you? I know you said you were shopping"

"Yeah, just a few bags. Do you mind if I-"

"No. We can put them in the trunk"

After he popped the trunk for me, I set the bags in. He took one of the bags from me and pushed things aside to make room, even though there was plenty. This is a nice car.

We were both silent as I opened the door and got into his jeep, closing the door behind me. I tried to not make it obvious that I was looking around the inside.

~

"Do you want something to drink? I have tea, coffee, water and..juice" I said, taking my shoes off at the doorway, glad Holly wasn't home. Otherwise that would turn into hell.

"Juice is fine" Matt mumbled and I turned to find him laughing. I smacked his arm and ehe laughed some more. "A tea would be nice, honey"

"Okay, I make the best cup"