Banished from the pack?

Would they banish me from the pack?

It was the thought that has been running through my mind all night along with the concern for Vin. I didn't want him to lose his alpha position because of me. If he didn't hate me now, he would soon if that happened.

It was the perfect moment for Luna, my stepmother, to throw me out of the pack and their lives. And I was terrified of the thought.

If only I knew how to shift and fight, if only I could be strong, then Vin wouldn't have to come and help me out.

Though he didn't do it for me…

"Rory? You ready? Time to go! Alpha Vinson is waiting for you!" Mia yelled from outside.

A swarm of nervous butterflies stormed in my stomach remembering I had to travel with him. My heart started racing.

W-what would I say to him? I needed to apologize and thank him at the same time for saving me last night. And I had too many other things to tell him too…

'Nothing…'

His words from last night echoed in my mind, slicing through my heart. He definitely did not have any interest or time to talk to me.

"Rory!"

"Coming!" I answered.

Looking at my reflection in the mirror for one last time, I grabbed my old phone and ran outside. For the first time in my life, I was going outside of the pack, but other than a red V neck sundress with my hair tied in a loose braid, I didn't bother doing anything with my look. I couldn't. My future was at stake here.

Once Mia walked me to the street where a monster looking black car awaited me, my heart raced faster at the sight of the tall and powerful man in black button down shirt and jeans leaning against it.

His jaw was tight and midnight hair was ruffled in a beautiful way as if he had run his fingers through them countless times. Uncle Donovan talked to him while he did something on his phone. His shoulders tensed for a moment. Slowly, those silver eyes rose to me.

A shaky breath left me. My heart gave a thud.

For a moment, all the fear of the council left me at the mere sight of him. I wished I could hide into his strong arms…

His gaze went down on my body, before those thick brows creased with displeasure. His lips pursed.

He…didn't like my dress?

I bit my lip.

Mia squeezed my hand, breaking my gaze from my step-brother.

"Don't worry, everything will be alright. I'm sure Alpha Vinson won't let you get punished. It was Sam's fault after all."

I gave her a small smile before nodding. "Just pray that I get to stay in this pack."

"You will. Otherwise, I will follow you wherever you go."

My heart warmed at her words. She was the only one in my life other than uncle Donovan who genuinely cared for me. And Vin…I couldn't say the same for him anymore.

"Aurora?" Uncle Donovan called out. "Come and get in. Alpha and Luna already left with Gilbert. We are getting late."

Giving Mia a hug, I slowly walked to the car. Vin totally ignored me with his attention set on his phone. And before I could get in the front seat, a sweet fragrance of sandalwood reached my nostrils. The powerful aura told me who it was before she appeared beside me.

"I'm coming with you guys. I can't leave Vinson alone on such an important day." Adeline flashed Vin a sweet smile. Dressed in a polka dotted pink dress, she stood tall over my five feet height.