Mine...

A gasp left my lips. My wide eyes stared at the gigantic wolf standing above my frail dirty self. My wolf whimpered and cowered in fear. Those ferocious red eyes stared at me with such a rage, I could only tremble underneath him. My heart pounded in my chest.

The rain came to a drizzle, but I could feel my sweat rolling down my nape.

I knew my Vin would never hurt me. But…he wasn't the same Vin I had loved for years. He has changed.

"V-vin…"

A growl from his chest made me flinch. His sharp bloody claws pressed against my chest, those nails would cut if pushed a little harder. Tears rolled down my eyes as I stared at him in fear.

It felt like…he wanted to tear me apart.

Leaning in, he let out a sneer. Hot breath fanned my cheeks while the sight of his sharp canines made my heart race. I didn't dare move, except close my eyes and give him my neck in submission. Only submission could calm an alpha down. Well, sometimes.

After a moment of nothingness but fear chilling my bones, I felt a cold touch across my neck, making me shiver. A shiver of delight. Opening my eyes, with my heart racing, I found his snout touching the skin of my neck. He inhaled deep. And another loud growl reverberated through the huge wolf's chest. But my body trembled when a warm lick of his tongue set my body on fire.

Footsteps reached my ears, but I could only gasp and tremble beneath him. W-what was he doing?

"V-vin? I…" I whispered. But before I could finish my sentence, he was suddenly off me and two feet away. His flaring eyes were set on me as figures appeared from the side of my vision.

Alpha Christopher, Luna Ralph, Uncle Donovan, Ophelia, Adeline and a few other high ranked wolves were there. Black umbrellas were upon each of their heads. Among them was Gemma Gilbert, Sam's father. His eyes flashed as soon as they landed on his dead son's body.

"Sam!" With a roar, he rushed to his son.

Guilt and fear rolled inside me as I noticed the shock and pain across all their faces, except Adeline's. It was the pain of a pack member's death their wolves felt. And somehow even Sam was wrong, I had caused it.

"What happened to my son? Who did this! Who dared to touch my son!" Gemma Gilbert howled out in agony, rocking Sam's body on his lap.

"I did," a deep rough voice replied. My eyes widened at the tall and broad, very naked man's form standing there with his back to me.

An immediate warmth coated my cheeks even with the bloodied situation.

When did he shift?

A guy from the warrior wolves was fast to give him a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, covering himself from others' sights. Though it was ordinary to see werewolves naked after shifting.

"Y-you?" Gilbert asked with his eyes wide and red.

Luna Ralph let out a gasp. "What are you talking about, Vinson? You killed Sam? But why? He was going to be your Gemma!"

My father stood there quietly, observing the area and…me. Those aged brown eyes held displeasure finding me there. I slowly stood on my shaky legs. And only then everyone's gaze snapped to me. Luna Ralph's eyes narrowed as she pointed an accusing finger to me.

"You! What are YOU doing here?" she snapped. "You did something again, didn't you? Don't tell me it was you Vision killed Sam for! Are you seducing my son again!"

Letting out a whimper, I took a step back. While Vin just stood there with his mighty height, staring at his mother with cold eyes.

With Adeline's eyes zeroing on me with curiosity, Alpha Christopher put a hand on his wife's shoulder. "Honey, calm yourself down. They are step-siblings. Don't make a scene now. We have a much more important matter to handle now."