CHAPTER 37

THIRD PERSON POV

As Katsumi and Itachi walked alongside each other, Kisame and Kaiji up ahead were engaged in a somewhat one-sided conversation. Kaiji seemed to be trying to impress or entertain the usually reserved pair.

Itachi, with his calm and perceptive nature, spoke first, "Kisame, is everything alright here?"

Kisame looked up at the two and nodded. "Yes, everything's under control," he replied in his deep, rumbling voice. "Kaiji here has a penchant for mischief, but nothing too serious."

Kaiji, noticing the presence of Katsumi and Itachi, turned his attention away from Kisame and gave a playful grin. "Hey, you guys! Wanna see me do a funny jutsu?"

As they walked, Kisame glanced over at Katsumi and Itachi, breaking the silence with a small smile. "Kaiji can be quite the handful, huh?" he remarked, his deep voice resonating through the air.

Katsumi shifted her gaze slightly towards Kisame, her icy purple eyes meeting his, but her expression remained reserved and impassive. She acknowledged his comment with a nod but chose not to speak, her silence speaking volumes about her disinterest in engaging in idle conversation.

Itachi, true to his nature, remained quiet, his stoic face giving away nothing as he focused on the path ahead.

Kaiji, undeterred by the lack of response, tried once more to get a reaction from Katsumi. "Hey, you guys! Aren't you gonna say something? It's no fun when you're so serious all the time!" he exclaimed, trying to provoke a reaction.

Itachi's sharingan eyes briefly flickered in Kaiji's direction, but he remained silent, showing no intention of engaging in a conversation.

They reached a point where the landscape became particularly beautiful, with cherry blossom trees lining the way. The pink petals gently swirled in the breeze, creating a serene atmosphere.

Kaiji's eyes lit up with excitement as he exclaimed, "Wow, look at that! The cherry blossoms are stunning! Let's take a moment to appreciate this beauty, shall we?"

Kisame shook his head at Kaiji's enthusiasm, grumbled, "You're right. It's a breathtaking sight." He turned to Katsumi and Itachi, who were seemingly unbothered by the scenery, and asked, "What do you guys think?"

Katsumi paused for a moment, her eyes quietly observing the cherry blossoms, before replying, "It is a sight to behold." Her response was simple but held a hint of appreciation for nature's beauty.

Itachi, who had been quietly observing everything, finally spoke in his usual calm tone, "Nature has its allure, but we must remain focused on our mission."

Kaiji laughed, shaking his head, "You two are so serious all the time! Can't you just relax for a moment and enjoy the view?"

Katsumi gave a small, almost imperceptible nod, "Our priorities lie in completing the mission efficiently."

Kisame nodded in agreement, "She's right. We need to stay vigilant."

Kaiji, not one to give up easily, decided to tease them playfully, "Come on, I bet you've never even taken the time to watch a sunset or stargaze."

Itachi's sharingan eyes softened slightly, revealing a glimpse of his more human side, "We have witnessed such things in the past."

Katsumi added, "But they are not our focus now."

Kisame could sense that pushing them any further wouldn't yield different results, so he changed the topic, "Well, even if you're all business, I have to say I appreciate having such competent teammates."