Birthday

Athena's pov

Today is my birthday. I am  not excited about it because when I used to live with Dave he would say that birthdays are for the privileged. And obviously I wasn't so I never celebrated my birthday.

This year my brothers are celebrating my birthday with all of my friends and family. They felt like they have to make up for the birthdays lost.

I walked in my closet picking out my outfit for today. They have planned a friends and family picnic brunch. Then later at night there is going to be a party with all the mafias.

I really didn't want a big party but they said it was necessary and that is when they are going to be announcing the marriages with Lucian. Great! Kill me now.

Her dress ^

Her dress ^

I put on a cute flowery sundress with a slit on the side. I curl my hair and leave it open. I put on some mascara and lipgloss then spray some perfume. I put on my sandals and walk downstairs where my brothers are waiting.

"You look good sorellina." They complimented.

"Thank you. You guys look really good yourself."

We get in two cars and drive over to the picnic location. We get out to see the rest of the family already there and setting up. We all sit down and breathe into conversation.

I plop a strawberry in my mouth and eat it. They were really sweet. I then took a bite out of my croissant. Everyone was chatting and eating and having fun.

Then suddenly Axel and Caden start fight over the last strawberry. They start pushing and shoving each other which turns in to a full hair pulling and punching fight like a bunch of teenagers.

I sigh and shake my head at the thought that I am related to these idiots. Kins then takes the last strawberry and eats it.

"There I ate the last strawberry. Problem solved." She said and I gave her a high five.

Both of them then started whining but quickly shut up after grandma gave them a look. Ladies and gentlemen that right there is the big bad mafia men.

We stayed there a little while longer then headed home to get ready for the party later. I have no idea what to wear later.

I came home and took a everything shower. I walked out in my robe. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw Ace siting on my bed scrolling through his phone.

"What the fuck! You scared me." I say and he looked up.

"Oh sorry. I came to give you this. It came for you a little bit ago." He said and handed me a box.

"Ok thanks." And he walked out my room closing the door behind him.

I opened the box to see a beautiful dress in it. It had a note inside. I opened it and read what it said.

Hello love,

I Hope you like the dress and wear it later tonight for the party. Don't forget to wear the ring, I want people to know that you're mine.  I can't wait to see you. 

          Yours only Lucian.

I blush after reading the letter. Maybe just maybe he's not so bad.

I do my hair in a half up half down and put on light makeup. Then I put on the dress. It was a really beautiful white off shoulder dress with a slit on the side.

Her dress^

Her dress^

I put on the minimal diamond necklace that Dom gave me and put on black heels. I spritz some perfume and walk downstairs. The boys were dressed in suits. They all looked really nice.

"Wait Athena where's your ring?" Dom asked.

"In my room because I don't want to wear it." I say.

"Well you have to wear it. At least for today because we will be making an announcement about your marriage so you and Lucian have to pretend that you guys are madly in love." He said.

"Are you serious? Do I really have to?"

"Yes. Now go wear it." I huff and walk back up to get the ring. I put it in and we make our way over to the limo.

We arrive at the location 30 mins later. We make our way inside and go around greeting people. Then Lucian come up to me. He was wearing a navy blue suit with the first couple buttons of his shirt undone. He looked really hot.

"You look beautiful love." He said.

"Thanks I always look good." I said.

"I see you are wearing our engagement ring."

"Only because I had to." I say coldly.

Then Dom gets everyone's attention and starts speaking.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, I have an very important announcement to make. My dear sister Athena and Lucian are engaged and getting married in two months. I wish them a very happy future and happy birthday Athena." Everyone clapped for us and we just smiled.

Lucian snakes his hand around my waist and smiled at everyone. I tried to get his hand of me but he tightened his grip.

"Now love everyone is watching us. Act like we are in love." He whispered in my ear. I had to fight the urge to stab him with my knife. Instead I stepped on his foot with my heel.

"Ow that hurt." He pouted like a fucking child.

I walked over to the bar and sat down ordering some whiskey. Lucian of course followed me like a lost puppy.

After finishing my fifth drink I walked over to the bathroom with Claire and Am. I touched up my lipstick and went back out with them following.

It has been hours since the party started and it was now 2:25 am. I had enough of socializing and putting on fake smile for everyone. I was tired and wanted to go home.

I told my brothers and walked outside. I stumbled and was ready to fall but a pair of hands caught me. It was Lucian.

"You are so drunk." He said.

"No I am not." *hiccup*

"Ok let's go, your not driving." He helped me to his car and got in the driver seat.

He drove me home and helped me upstairs to my room. I immediately collapsed on my bed. He took of my shoes and put the blanket over me. Then he left and closed the door.

————————————————————————