Chapter 25

Despite Coaches rules on lights out at 11, Jackson and I didn't quite adhere to that, who knew when we would get another chance, so after exploring what it was like in the shower and another time in the bed we finally said good night around 2am

And in all honesty I was quite looking forward to round 4 this morning but by time we hit the snooze button for the second time opting to cuddle instead we just didn't have the time.

despite all the energy we used last night, the smile on my face and the buzz I felt was all the energy I needed to play today, and I felt as though I was high in the clouds as we both walked into the breakfast hall.

It was a buffet of food and Jackson and I filled our plates with sausages and bacon before joining Bryson and phil on one of the tables

Jackson was nervous I could tell, and he sat between Bryson and phil, rather than taking a seat next to me, it irked me a little and I felt like I was again putting on this show for everyone else.

don't get me wrong I wasn't a huge fan of public displays of affection but was it wrong if I just wanted to hold his hand?

i had visions of my boyfriend just running a hand on my shoulder, or a gentle kiss on the cheek, just to be together with him and not be some secret hidden behind closed doors, and Jackson right now wasn't the same Jackson i was with only moments ago alone in our room

was this our future? sneaking around and spending weeks apart, the only times we got to be alone would be a whirlwind of sex and lust and then back to nothing? like Jackson was just a friend?

I thought about this a lot as we headed back to our room to get our things, "you ok Sam?" Jackson asked, and I realised id just zoned out during breakfast without saying anything

"yeah im good" I say almost automatically, I didn't want to let Jackson know what I was thinking, he needed time

"you was really quiet at breakfast is all" Jackson says as we get to our door, I swipe the keycard and open the door, "I just didn't want to say the wrong thing, like inside I want to tell everyone about you, my boyfriend, and I know, I'm just being silly" I smile and he kisses me on the lips as the door closes.

And when the doors closed, that's the boy I want, that's the Jackson I want, "I just need some time" he says looking into my eyes, and as much as it pains me to think about it, I'm not sure how much time I could give him, we were two worlds apart in our story of coming out.

Heck if he was anything like me then it might take a year or more perhaps and I didn't know if I could handle that, but then last night... I was being silly.

"this is all just happening so fast" Jackson says by way of explanation

"i know" I smile and kiss him on the cheek, his tail flicks from side to side, "we should go, they will be waiting for us"

The match was the perfect distraction, my mind full of tactics, playthroughs and ensuring I was in the right position on the pitch, we won the kickoff and Bryson played the ball straight to Jackson on the wing.

I sprinted forward intercepting a cross and hoofing the ball at an incredible speed straight into the net, the clock barely registered 2 minutes played and we were one goal up, Jackson and phil ran over, phil wrapping his arms around me, Jackson... Jackson paused and patted me on the back.

He patted me on the fucking back and I could feel the frustration build just a little more, but I pressed it down and focused it into my play as soon as we got the ball I again I pressed forward into a space, Phil passed towards me and I made a run, but I was careless my mind was elsewhere a defender took the ball off me and I could see the look of annoyance on my teammates faces.

I made a few other stupid mistakes in the first half before finally redeeming myself with a decent cross into the box which Jackson was able to score from leaving us 2-0 up

In the break I could tell coach was annoyed with me, but seeing as we were winning he didn't labour the point too much which I was thankful for, perhaps I was just tired, this was exactly why we needed our sleep.

Instead my thoughts wandered back to last night a grin filling my face, 'yeah whatever' I thought to myself 'totally worth it'

In the second half Oakfield played a tough game making a run for our net early on finding the net to close the gap making it 2-1

We fought back but still shots fired at our goalkeeper as they took more and more risks and shot from further out, the ball rarely leaving our side of the pitch with Oakfield constantly on the attack.

When the referee blew the final whistle I was never so relived, I fell onto the pitch on my back in the shape of a starfish, my eyes staring to the sky, my chest breathing heavily as I watched the clouds race by overhead to the sounds of our team cheering

I stayed like that for a while soaking it all in, that was until Bryson & phil piled onto me in a heap taking the remaining air straight out of my lungs making me gasp

"coo—per coo-per" they cheered as I finally got to my feet, we shook hands with the other team and then headed towards the showers, of course I got to use the women's showers, which based on my limited experience of the men's locker room, was actually a slight improvement.

As the water washed over me I thought to the shower Jackson and I had taken, and I wished he could join me in here, its like I was dating two different people, one I was starting to love and one was growing to annoy me as each hour went by.

I felt like I had climbed back into the closest and I didn't want to go back in there, a life of secrets, lies and frustration, I pressed my head against the tiled wall in the shower, they were surprisingly cold considering the warm water raining down over my body.

I tired to let the water wash away my thoughts, if that was even possible, scrubbing my skin and watching them wash down the drain, if only that were possible.

My thoughts did quieten down though, and for that I was thankful, drying my hair and getting myself to look reasonable again I made my way to the entrance hall where the bus would be waiting for us, most of the team were already sat on the bus so I threw my bag into the back and climbed on.

I took an empty seat right at the back of the bus, and Jackson was the next to get on taking the space next to me, he smiled at me and I reached for his paw taking a look around the bus before I did so, Jackson pulled his paw away and I thought we had been spotted but I couldn't see anyone looking we were right at the back

"we can't" he hisses as I tuck my hands between my legs "sorry" I whisper back, looking ahead as coach does a headcount on the minibus

"right everyone's on, remember to text your parents we've set off so they know what time to pick you up from school" Coach says taking a seat at the front

I pull my phone out and text my mom to let her know we will be about 4-5 hours , she replied straight away asking how football went, I wanted to tell her about all my thoughts, how football was fine but my head was in this emotional rollercoaster and I just wanted a hug but I couldn't ask Jackson my boyfriend for a hug and then that made me feel worse and then...

I put my phone away and closed my eyes taking a deep breath, 'is this what having sex with someone does to you?' I wondered my eyelids feeling heavy, my legs aching, like everything was catching up with me and I soooo wanted to sleep.

I let the darkness come to me and nestled my head into the head rest, I felt the bus move and sway and the sound of the engine rose up and down before everything finally was still.