Girl's Day

On Tuesday morning, Ava woke up in her bed and felt worried, but then she remembered she and Hailey were going to the zoo. That made her happy! She wanted to see the animals.

She got out of bed and went to find Hailey, who was still in bed, and Jay was in the shower. "Haiwey, zoo day!" Ava said, walking to her sister's side of the bed.

"It is zoo day, baby! But not for a couple hours, so let's go get you changed and go potty then we can have breakfast," Hailey said as she got out of bed and lifted Ava into her arms and kissed her cheek.

Ava placed her head on Hailey's shoulder and relaxed. She felt safe with her sister and never wanted to leave her, ever.

Hailey carried Ava back to her room and changed her out of her diaper into a pullup, they would be going no pullups the rest of the week, and took her downstairs to get breakfast ready.

She made eggs and cut some fruit up then made some bacon as Jay came downstairs, grabbed Ava off the counter, and tickled her, making her bust out laughing, which made both of them smile. Ava's laugh was both of their favorite sound.

"Jay! No!" She laughed, wiggling around until he put her down.

She ran off to hide from him and Jay shook his head and sat down to eat. "She seems happier today."

"She is, she's excited about the zoo," Hailey grinned, eyeing the toddler from her hiding place.

"I'm glad. I wish I could join y'all, but work," Jay frowned.

"We'll go again together. I'd wait till the weekend if she didn't want to go so bad, but after how stressed she was yesterday, I want to do something to help her relax," Hailey admitted.

"And I'm glad you're doing it with her, it will be good for y'all," Ava eventually joined them to eat and talked about all the animals she was excited to eat, mainly elephants, pandas, and penguins.

Hailey did Ava's hair in two half-braids into pigtails, then braided the pigtails and added bows while the little girl finished eating. She also had a dress for Ava that had zoo animals on it for the little girl to wear with a pair of natives that Natalie had gifted them, so they worked like crocs but looked nicer.

Ava looked at Hailey when she was done getting ready

Ava looked at Hailey when she was done getting ready. "Zoo now?" She asked, hopeful the answer would be yes.

"Not yet, silly girl. I'm not dressed yet!" Hailey tickled her belly, getting a laugh. "I'll go get ready while you watch a show, then we'll do something fun before we leave, got it?"

"Okay!" The little girl followed Hailey upstairs and grabbed her bunny and blanket before climbing into the bed. Hailey turned on a show for her and went to get ready.

Twenty-five minutes later, Hailey was ready and grabbed a bag from in the bathroom and got Ava to follow her downstairs once the bed was made and they made Ava's bed. The toddler paitiently followed her sister around, but in reality she wanted nothing more than to go to the zoo.