CHAPTER 8, LIE(S)

THE NORMAL
CHAPTER 8, "LIE(S)"

—-

A YAWN ESCAPED [Name]'s mouth as the sunlight invaded her left eye, making her visibly close her eyes at the brightness.

"Ah, damnit.." She whispered, rubbing her eyes.

Her body was covered with two fluffy blankets that limited her movement, her head pressed against a soft-colored pillow as her hair was sprawled all over the sleeping bag.

She winced at the sudden pressure that was laid on her stomach, making her unable to get up.

[Name] lifted her head to see a blurry figure on top of her stomach. Her eyes slowly adjusted to the view of a sleeping girl— more specifically, Nezuko.

The h/c girl deadpanned at the sight, slowly letting her head rest back on the pillow before her breath slightly quickened.

Since when did she get here? How the fuck did I not notice her?

She could estimate a proximate 10 minutes had passed before the door slid open harshly, emerging a scared looking Zenitsu.

"Guys! The old lady is gone! I can't find her!" He rushed in the room, waking up the two other people that were unwillingly alerted at his claim.

Inosuke sat up with a groan, rubbing his eyes with a tight grit on his jaw. He was pissed at his sleep being ruined with the yelling of Zenitsu.

"Shut the hell up, will you?" Inosuke muttered.

[Name] couldn't bring herself to be more annoyed at Zenitsu at his outburst, her sleep already ruined by the demon sleeping on her. Sure, she looked adorable— but she couldn't help but worry if someone took off that muzzle on her mouth.

Will she bite her?

"Ah, Yun! Your face is turning green!"

Zenitsu rushed to [Name] who can only stare at him with sweat dripping from her forehead.

"I'm.. fine.." She croaked dramatically, shivering slightly when she felt the demon shift in her sleep.

As if God answered her silent praying, someone picked up Nezuko off of her, making [Name] taking in a deep breath in relief.

"Sorry about that, Yun. I have no idea how she crawled over to you at the middle of the night.." Tanjiro trailed off with a nervous chuckle, before placing the sleeping Nezuko on his sleeping bag.

[Name] sat up, blinking her eyes at a tired state.

"It's fine.. I didn't really mind.."

[Name] was greatly unaware at Tanjiro's ability to smell her lie, in which he returned a tired grin at her attempt.

Her eyes wondered towards the ceiling.

"Say.. when does your next mission star-"

[Name] was rudely interrupted at a pillow being thrown at her head, making her flinch at the force. The pillow dropped slowly from her face, making her see the hand from the culprit that was extended from the throw.