Spencer Reid- Baby

How were you going to tell him this? It wasn't like this was something you could just spring on him. What if he didn't want to be a father? You took a deep breath and took your phone out and called Spencer.

"Hey babe," you heard Spencer's cheerful voice from the other line.

You tried to keep the tremble out of your voice, "can you maybe come over?" You asked, your voice shaking slightly.

"Is everything okay?" Spencer's voice changed from happy to concerned.

"I just need you to come here, okay? I'll explain later."

"Alright," you didn't need to see him to know he had nodded. "I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too, Spence." You hung up and waited for him on the couch.

He came by not long after, opening the door and walking over to you in a couple strides. You stood up and looked at his feet instead of meeting his worried gaze.

"Y/n what's wrong?" He asked gently, taking both your hands in his and squeezing them.

You looked up at his face, so full of worry and care for you that you couldn't help the tears gathering in your eyes, you couldn't lose him because of this, even if you knew in your heart that he would stay, it still frightened you to tell him.

"Hey hey hey, y/n why are you upset?" He cupped your cheeks, caressing them with his thumbs while he wiped away any tears that spilled, "you can tell me anything."

You took a deep, shaky breath, and then another one until you could find the words to say it and the will to speak. "I'm p-pregnant," you whispered, looking anxiously into his eyes.

Spencer's face became chalk white and his eyes widened with shock, "m-mine?" He asked faintly, just barely speaking.

You chuckled slightly despite yourself, of all the things to respond to that, "yes silly, who else?"

He looked at you, and some color came back to his face but you saw tears forming in his eyes, but the huge grin on his face told you that these weren't tears of agony. He got down on his knees in front of you and lifted up your shirt to see your stomach. He kissed your stomach then, his lips brushing over every inch of it, giving you butterflies. He looked up at you with the purest expression of joy, and from that moment on you started thinking about all the joys of having a child would be, especially with Spencer.

"I'm going to be a father," he breathed, smiling up at you.

You ran your hand through his hair, nodding, "you'll be a great father," you whispered, eyes full of emotion.

"You think?" He asked, and you could hear a hint of worry in his voice, like he doubted he would be a good father.

"Of course, Spence, I see how you are with kids."

"Yeah but...raising my own, that's a whole different thing. What if I don't know how to do it?"

You took his hands in yours, causing your shirt to fall back down to cover your stomach. "That's why we'll do it together, alright?"

He nodded, he seemed lost in thought for a moment, but you waited patiently, stroking his hair while you watched him.

"Marry me," he said so suddenly that you weren't sure you didn't just imagine it, but he repeated it again, this time it was a question. "Will you...marry me?" He asked slowly.

"Spence, what?" You furrowed your eyebrows slightly, studying his face for any sign of a joke.

"I know it sounds crazy, but we're going to raise a baby together, y/n, and I'm not going anywhere. So why not become a proper family before we bring a little one into the world?"

It did make sense, and you were sure you wanted Spencer for the rest of your life, but apart of you wasn't so sure. Was he only doing this for the baby? "I don't want to get married just because we're having a baby."

"It's not just the baby, I want to marry you because I love you, more than anything else," he whispered. "This only makes marrying you make more sense."

You looked in his eyes, seeing nothing but the truth in them. You nodded slowly, "yes, I'll marry you."

Spencer's once anxious face split into a wide grin. He stood back up and lifted you off your feet to spin you around. He laughed a little and hugged you close, setting you back on your feet. You melted into his arms and buried your face against his chest.

"I love you," he whispered, resting his chin on your head.

"Love you too, Spence," you mumbled back, "so much."

He lifted your head up to kiss you gently on the lips. Your arms locked around the back of his neck as you kissed him back eagerly. His lips trailed to the edge of your jaw in an affectionate way.

"I wish it was time," he mumbled against your jaw. "I'm so exited to be a dad."

"Aren't you nervous though? I know I am."

"Yes of course I am, but I'm also ready. I'm so ready to be the father that mine never was. I want to give this little baby everything my father didn't give. I missed out on a lot," he frowned suddenly, "I want to fix the mistakes my father made with me, maybe it would help fix me."

"You don't need fixed, Spencer," you told him, "but you sure as hell are going to be a wonderful dad."

"But could you do me a favor?" He asked.

"Sure, what's up?"

"If the little guy or girl gets into any sports, you teach them, I'm out. I'll be the helper of homework instead."

You giggled, "right, sports mom and helper of homework dad."

"The perfect team." He leaned in and pecked your lips slowly. You grinned against his soft lips.

"I'll say."

"Mmm," he mumbled happily, squeezing you gently. Then he sat on the couch and pulled you in his lap. You felt incredibly warm in his embrace while he ran his fingers through your hair delicately.

You giggled and kissed his nose. "You seem very happy about this."

"I am, very happy," he replied cheerfully, his face literally lighting up before your eyes.

You closed your eyes and rested your head on his shoulder as he cradled you in his arms. You were still weary about the future, but you knew deep down it was going to be great, especially when Spencer was going to be with you every step of the way.