Ranger's POV (19)

Aria laid on the bathroom floor with her head on my lap, she had been sick most of the night, so I let her sleep there, I mind linked with Cash 'Cash, wake up' 'what? What’s up? Aria ok?' He said panicked, 'she's unwell, she wants her brother here, please send for Dixson to get here as soon as he can' 'what's up with her?' 'She says it's a bug, she doesn't want to bother the doctor with it, when Dixson gets here, I will get him to try to convince her to go see him' 'I will send for him now' 'thanks Cash, I'm going to stay with her as much as I can today, yeah I know I need to meet the top alpha of the North Water pack' 'it should be ok as he’s coming here'.

I broke the link just as Aria stirred awake, "how you feeling?" "Like I've been sick all night" her voice was croaky, "sit up, would you like some water?" She just nodded.

She sat up but her body was weak, she could hardly sit up straight, I gave her some water, she swished some around her mouth and spat it out in the toilet before taking another swig.

I helped her stand up and brush her teeth before putting her in bed, it wasn't even light out yet, I found a bucket for her, she's so weak, I know she wouldn't make it to the toilet, "I know it's a long shot but would you like something to eat?" She just pulled a sad face with her bottom lip poking out, I got in bed and laid behind her, she fell asleep fast, 'Ranger, he’s on his way, he will be here in a few hours' 'thanks' 'how is she?' 'She's fine, she’s not been sick for a few hours so that’s good I suppose' 'do you think she could be pregnant?' Cash said 'she won't see the doctor but with Dixson coming he could convince her to go'.

Dixson got to the pack house just after lunch that Aria didn't want to eat, "thanks for getting here so fast" "how is she?" "She's not been sick for a while but she hasn't eaten anything since yesterday, I could like you to see if you can get her to see the doctor" "I will try, but we both know how head strong she is, if she don't want to do something, she won't, where is she?" "She’s still asleep in bed".

The whole way through the meeting, I couldn't concentrate, all I kept thinking, has Dixson got her to see the doctor? "Ranger, are you listening to me? What are your terms?" "Sorry, Ranger is a little distracted, his mate is unwell" "I’m sorry to hear that, you should have cancelled the meeting" "it's fine, her brother is looking after her, we are fine with the female Lycan joining your pack only on one condition, if she wishes to return, you let her return with her mate, with no consequences of leaving" "I can do that" he said standing up to shake my hand, "thanks for meeting while your mate is sick, I hope she feels better for the confirmation ceremony" "so do I, it's just a bug that’s been going around the pack" "I will be seeing you again next week".

He left and I wanted to check on her, she was still asleep, cuddled up to Dixson, it took me a second to calm down and not rip him out of the bed, "how is she?" I whispered, "yeah, she will be fine, she said if it's not passed by tomorrow, she said she will go and see the doctor, she’s had a sandwich and has kept it down for now" "that's good to hear, did you want me to take over looking after her?" "No its fine, I think if I move, she will wake" "ok, I will be in my office".

I stormed to my office, pissed off, I know its her brother, but I want to be there for her, I slammed my door behind me, I paste back and forth, trying to calm down, it wasn't working 'you should have just pulled him out the fucking bed' Maddox snarled 'she wants him, I cannot deny her that one little thing, she's sick' "Ranger everything ok? Why did you slam the door?" Cash said as he entered the room, "I'm fine, you know what, no, I'm not, I'm her mate but she wants her brother over me, it feels like she choosing them over me again" I shouted, I couldn't keep my anger in anymore "she doesn't want to bother you with her problems, you are the top alpha of a very large pack and have enough on your plate, she won't choose us over you, not anymore, as much as I would love her to come home with me, I know she won't come, she's happy here" Dixson said from the door.

"I'm her mate, she can tell me anything and I will do anything for her" "that's the thing, you will drop everything for her" "but you dropped everything to come here" "yeah, but the difference between us Ranger, is that I'm just an alpha but you are a top alpha and have 100x more responsibilities than I do, yeah I got thing's to do there but I can drop them, you can't just drop the pack", I sat down on my chair, he was right, I hated to admit it out loud.