Chapter XII - Rebirth

Agony. Burning. Darkness. Ripping. Stabbing. Morphing. Twisting.

Tyler didn't think that death would be this painful. Maybe this was his descent into Hell. Maybe he was being burned alive.

The more he though about it. The more he leaned towards the second option. 

He didn't think he would of died like this. Just thinking about it made his head hurt. More than it already hurt. His whole body hurt. But something wasn't making him die. 

He couldn't move. It would hurt to much. He wondered if Wednesday was feeling the same pain he was. Probably not. She was probably enjoying the pain. 

He wanted to scream. He wanted to do so many things. He wanted to make the pain stop. He didn't even know why the pain was this bad. Maybe it the punishment for all his sins.

The pain would have to subside at some point.

Right...?

--

The flames slowly became quieter and quieter. The fire had stopped in its tracks as if something had disturbed it.

Paramedics rushed over to the two people who were in the middle of the fire. They waited for the fire to completely die down before they rushed to their need.

They didn't know what was going on. How were they not dead? How did they not burn to a crisp? Not to mention they landed in such an awkward position.

Both of their head were next to each other but the girl was upside down to the boy. Their faces were just inches apart.

They didn't look like they were breathing. They looked dead inside and out. The only sign of life from them were the small lifts of their chests as they were in sync.

They were bloody and buried. Small scars becoming more and more prominent as the time passes.

"What do we do with them?" A paramedic asked.

"How did they survive?" Asked another.

"It's Nevermore." A paramedic said. "You never know with Nevermore."

All of the paramedics nodded and looked down at the burned bodies. One in particular narrowed his eyes and squinted. "Wait a second. One of these looks familiar."

They knelt down and tipped the boys head to the side slightly. Their eyes widened. The missing posters that had been plastered all over town.

It was him.

"Get the sheriff on the phone." The paramedic demanded.

"Why?" A paramedic asked.

"JUST DO IT!" They shouted. A paramedic handed a phone to them and they dialed the police station. 

Someone picked up and sighed. "Jericho police station. Sheriff Galpin speaking." 

"Hello, Sheriff. I have some good and some bad news." The paramedic said.

"Yes, go on." Sheriff Galpin said.

"Well, we found him." They took a long pause. "We found your son."

"Where are you?" The Sheriff asked as things could be heard shuffling and moving around.

"Nevermore Academy."

"Didn't that burn down?" He asked.

The paramedic sighed. "Yes, it did. He and one other were caught in the fire."

"Is he breathing?"

"Just barely. We're surprised the two made it in one piece. It was as if something was protecting them from dying." The paramedic went to take a closer look at the girl but something pushed them away from doing so.