Chapter VIII - The Woes of Success

Wednesday tried to stay calm as Tyler and Enid dug above her. She didn't know what was going to happen to her.

Then, after a while. The digging seemed to be on her ears. The digging stopped and someone dropped their shovel. A hand went on the top of the coffin and pulled it up.

Wednesday took a deep breath of fresh air and opened her eyes. Tyler stood over her. Tyler had a huge smile on his face. The last time Wednesday seen him smile like that was when the two went on their first date. Enid popped on the other side and smiled.

Tyler tackled her in a hug and Wednesday froze. She didn't know what to do. This was her second ever hug.

"Don't do that ever again, okay?" Tyler demanded in Wednesday's shoulder.

Wednesday looked over at the boy and hugged him back. She started to think about how worried he must of been. She looked in his hair and pulled a leave out of it and flicked it to the side.

The two pulled away from the hug and Wednesday tried to stand up. She failed and she raised an eyebrow. She tried again and her legs wouldn't move. "Um- I may need some help." Wednesday said.

Tyler knelt down and scooped her up bridal style. He did it almost as if it was natural reflex of his.

"How are you still alive?" Enid asked. "We buried you like- 3 weeks ago. If you were buried alive, you should of died a long time ago due to lack of air."

Wednesday looked down at the coffin. "That's what I'm trying to find out. Nothing was wrong with the coffin. It didn't have any air holes or anything."

"But clearly someone wanted to kill you." Tyler said. "You know, I would be able to tell you who it was however the Hyde wouldn't let me remember anything which sucks."

"And you were the only person with me in the laboratory other than the plants." Wednesday said.

"But plants can't stab people. And also, if it was a plant. The Hyde wouldn't have been so eager to kill whatever wanted to kill you." Tyler's eyes locked on the coffin. "Do you think we should go to Nevermore? I mean- I now at least three people who would be thrilled to see you again."

--

Thing clicked on Wednesday's typewriter. He was writing a letter. He had written a lot of letters recently.

He didn't think it was right to try and finish Wednesday's novel. He felt it would be great if it left unfinished.

He pulled the letter out of the typewriter and folded it. He flicked it under Enid's bed like all the other letters and sat on her bed.

Then, the door knob turned and Thing 'looked' up. He ran over to the door and walked up the wall. He turned the knob and the door was pushed open.

"Thing?" Her voice asked.

Thing didn't know it was possible for him to feel this happy in his life. He jumped off the door and ran up to Wednesday. She held out her hand and Thing 'walked' onto it.

"Anything happen while I was gone?" She asked.

'Who stabbed you?' Thing tapped.

"We're trying to figure that out." Wednesday said, glancing over at Tyler who was behind her with his arm on her shoulder. "Tyler has been trying to get Hyde to tell him who he killed but so far, nothing."

"Which is a pain in the ass." Tyler added.

'I see.' Thing tapped. 'You should have seen Tyler in the woods. He wouldn't leave it after the funeral.'