Chapter VI - The Woe of Love

"Okay, I packed you somethings just in case." Wednesday said, pulling out a bag. "I packed you extra clothes, a fake ID, your actual ID, your phone, and finally a notebook."

Tyler's eyes widened and he took a sip of coffee. "Do I really need all of that? I mean, a notebook?"

"For notes." Wednesday said. "Don't worry, I have one too."

Tyler shook his head and sighed. "And the extra clothes? I already have that."

"Not for when we go into the woods." Wednesday countered. "Trust me, you'll need it."

"ID's?" Tyler asked.

Wednesday pulled out his fake ID and it was the same. Well, everything except his age. "You made me 22?"

Wednesday nodded. "And I have your last name."

"Woah-" Tyler raised his hands. "So, now we're married?" I'm not complaining but you know- Tyler thought.

"No," Wednesday said. "We're family. Why would I-" Wednesday stopped in her tracks and looked at Tyler. "Why was that the first thing to come to your head?"

Tyler pushed the card towards Wednesday and completely avoided the question. Wednesday raised an eyebrow and took the ID back. "Moving on, we both know the plan. Meaning that the minute we get to the forest, the plan will be set in motion. But, we're going to have to go to Nevermore for a quick experiment."

Tyler's eyes narrowed and Wednesday could tell he became uncomfortable. "Don't worry, nothing bad is going to happen." She reassured. "I've already got Enid and Thing distracting people so they don't find out we're there."

"And we have to go why?" Tyler asked, leaning on the table.

"I have to make a few substances and then test them on some plants. Care to join?" Wednesday asked.

Tyler sighed and looked behind him at the front counter he used to work at. "You're making me do a lot of illegal stuff. And I like it."

"You say that when your father is the sheriff." Wednesday said, zipping up her bag and putting it on her back.

"And I don't care." Tyler said. "Ready to go?"

Wednesday smirked. "To Nevermore."

--

Wednesday flicked up a rope and Thing caught it and tied it around the balcony. Wednesday jumped up onto the rope and began to climb up. Tyler went a different way that Wednesday didn't know but she didn't really care.

She made it to the top of the balcony and pulled herself up. She pushed the window open and stepped inside. Enid sat on her bed and smiled at Wednesday. "How are things?"

"Fine." Wednesday said, allowing Thing to climb onto her shoulder. "We're here to go to the laboratory."

"We?" Enid asked.

Almost on queue, a timed knock came on the door. "Come in!" Wednesday shouted.

Xavier came inside and Wednesday's eyebrows furrowed. She started to wonder where Tyler went off to. "Hello, Xavier." Wednesday said, fixing her bag. "How is it?"

"I wanted to ask you something. But, when I was going to- you sort of vanished with Tyler." Xavier said, he said Tyler's name as if it left a bad taste in his mouth.

"Get on with it." Wednesday said. "I don't have all the time in the world."

Xavier sighed and took a step forward towards Wednesday, which Wednesday denied and she stepped back. "Wednesday, I know we aren't on the greatest terms right now. But, I wanted to apologize. For seeming like I wanted to know everything."