Chapter IX - Oblivion

You should have killed him. The Hyde shouted. He was so venerable. Everything we've ever wanted could of happened if you killed him.

Tyler buried his head in his hands and slid down the wall. "Stop talking." Tyler said.

What will she think if you killed him? That's all you care about. What happened to the old Tyler who didn't care about who he murdered? Hm?

"He's dead and gone." Tyler said in his knees. "Stop talking."

A note slid under Tyler's door and his eyes widened. Tyler stood up and walked over to the note, he picked it up and flipped it over.

Meet me at the gates in five minutes.

- Wednesday

Tyler folded the note in half and flicked it onto his bed.

--

Wednesday sat on top of a random car and kicked her legs in the air. She looked around and sighed. She had a deep feeling that someone was watching her.

She jumped off and was pulled backward into the woods. Her body was slammed into a tree and she stifled a gasp.

"You know he's dangerous, but yet. Here you are. Waiting for him." Xavier said.

"Why were you staring at me?" Wednesday asked, her teeth clenched.

"I'm trying to warn you that you are making a mistake." Xavier said. "He's not a good person!" He shouted.

"Then why am I, his master then?" Wednesday protested.

Xavier froze. He stared at her up and down. "You picked him." He whispered.

Wednesday raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"He's going to kill you at some point. You know that." Xavier turned around, walking away. "And I'm not going to be here to see it."

"What does that mean?!" Wednesday shouted.

"You know exactly what it means." Xavier protested. "What if he was the one who tried to kill you?"

"He wouldn't do that." Wednesday said. "Not now at least. But, yet. Here you are, 'hating' me again because of the same person."

"What has he done for you?" Xavier asked.

Wednesday fell silent. "A lot more then you may think. So, you're leaving?"

"No, I'm just not going around you anytime soon." Xavier said. "Maybe when you come to your senses."

Wednesday's breathing hitched. "Why do you hate him!?" She demanded. "Even after he apologized for everything-"

"What's an apology to you?" Xavier shouted. "Because to me, an apology is saying sorry for everything. He may have done that to you, but not me."

"Maybe he's waited for you." Wednesday said. "Do you have something to apologize about."

"Your not good at apologizing." Tyler's voice said. Wednesday looked around and saw him sitting in a tree, one leg dangling in the air. "Whenever I tried, you would always screw it up. Wither that was assaulting me or just making me fight the urge to slice your throat."

"What stopped you?" Xavier asked.

Tyler raised his hand and gestured to Wednesday. "I don't want to hurt her."

Wednesday looked up at Tyler, then back to Xavier. "And killing you or anyone she's close to, would hurt her."

Xavier's eyes widened. "So, you've forgiven me?" Xavier asked.

"I don't have anything to really apologize for." Tyler said. "But yes, I have."

Xavier sighed. "So. Are we cool?"

Tyler nodded. "You were the last one to realize I've changed."

"Oh-" Xavier said. "I did have a good reason."

"Just know. I may have done a terrible thing but I'm a terrible person anymore." Tyler said.

"You're repeating yourself, Galpin." Wednesday said. "We will be seeing you tomorrow or later, Xavier."

Xavier nodded and turned to walk away.

--

The helmet that rested on Tyler's head fell down slightly as he slept. Wednesday had planned for them to go grave digging, Tyler found a helmet owned by someone and didn't bother to take it off. It was way to big for his head but he didn't care.

Wednesday however, was wide awake, searching the internet for ways she could of survived in a casket for 3 weeks without dying. She turned down the brightness so it wouldn't wake Tyler.

The two sat against a tree, Tyler's head on top of hers.

Her eyes stared to close but she forced them to stay open. Wednesday looked up at the time.

3:15. Not bad. She thought. She turned her phone and put it in her backpack. She exhaled and looked up at Tyler. He looked so peaceful. God only knows what he's dreaming about.

She studied his resting face, the way the helmet almost covered a third of his face, the way his hair seemed to be pushed to the side but also stayed in the same position.

Only now did Wednesday actually think back to how they first met. Their first date (which Wednesday hated but appreciated the attempt.) Their first kiss. However, she regretted a few things. The fact that after she found out he was a Hyde, she tortured him. That should of made him hate her. But yet. Here they were.

She didn't quite register that he had been tortured before for the same reason.

Wednesday lightly pushed the helmet up and a small smile appeared on her face. She looked down at the ground and closed her eyes, focusing on her breaths to fall asleep.

Her dream started weirdly. It started with the sound of a sword. The sound of a sword stabbing something. Usually this only happens in visions.

Three colors swirled in front of her. Red, white, and a light yellow. The colors exploded and snow started to fall onto her face. Her eyebrows furrowed and she stood up. Large piles of snow stood in front of her. Wednesday looked around and couldn't find anything.

A sword stabbed her in the heart and her blood colored the snow a dark red. "This is what you get." Xavier's voice whispered in her ear and her body was pushed forward.

Wednesday's real eyes shot open. The sun lightly touching the trees. Wednesday raised her arm so it would block the sun.

"Morning." Tyler said, next to her.

Wednesday looked over at him. He picking the leaves off a stick. "Salutations." She said.

"You looked like you were having a nightmare." Tyler pointed out. "I was going to wake you up but, I didn't want to risk it."

"Risk what?" Wednesday asked.

"You know, if you were learning something in your dreams." Tyler said. "You know, like this one book series I used to read when I was like- twelve."

Wednesday nodded. "Well, I did learn something."

Tyler raised his eyebrows. "What?"

"It was Xavier."

A/N

I just remembered that I posted the first chapter of this book on Friday the 13th.

Anyway, I don't know why I gave Tyler a helmet. I just thought it would be funny for him to just grab a helmet for no reason and not take it off.

Moving on, I will see you guys in the next chapter.