Chapter Ninety Two

Xavier

New York is a madhouse. It's like an addictive drug that is both dangerous for you and makes you feel out of this world. I don't get to take it in because the moment I step into my apartment that is mine for the week, I'm being thrown into a frenzy of photoshoots, magazine interviews, and a test drive in the speedway I'll be racing at.

And the night before my race...fuck. It becomes a fucking mess.

By the time the race day comes, I'm exhausted and still fucking fuming after last night yet my nerves are on fire.

This will be the first I'm racing after my crash. Putting on my uniform was a little unnerving and so was hearing the loud cheers of the crowd but the moment I got inside my car and white-knuckled the wheel, I felt a wave of peacefulness crash over me.

I don't know what it was nor can I explain it but as I was sitting in my car, waiting for those lights to change, I felt a pull. Towards something that felt...familiar and so good.

As if feeding me energy, encouragement, and sucking out my anger, the moment those lights changed, I felt this strength that left me with nothing but determination to win this race.

And I did.

And knowing that she's most definitely live-streaming this race and has watched me win it makes it ten thousand times worth it.

<3 <3 <3 <3

"Pretend I'm Lia and kiss me, let me ease your sulking, big boy." Viini puckers his lips to tease me like the fucking idiot he is.

"I'm not sulking. And piss off." I deadpan.

"You look fucking miserable without her. You just won a fucking race. You should be happy. Fucking drink, fuck a girl or two." Viini smirks as he flirts with the two girls that are peppering his dumb fucking self with sultry kisses.

I glare at him for those last words. I ain't touching another woman that isn't her.

I made that clear last night to that bitch.

"Not miserable, you fucker. I'm just mad that she's not here to share this moment with me. You wouldn't understand because you've never been in love." I don't care that what I'm saying to him is personal. I want everyone to know that my feelings for Lia are deep and unbreakable.

I am happy. Doing what I love makes me happy. And when I achieve something big because of it, it makes me proud of myself.

But I want to share these memories with her. She makes everything seem brighter and more meaningful. She's a part of me and I want her by my side for every breath I take.

"I've been in love," he feigns innocence before a mischievous smirk tugs on his mouth, "With you."

I flip him off and grab another bottle of JD and trudge into my bedroom.

After the race, Viini decided to throw a party for me in the apartment I'm staying at. Annoying would be an understatement for how I'm feeling spending my night in New York. I would rather call Lia and talk throughout the night with her.

I grab my phone from my bed and just as I'm about to call Lia, the door slides open. The gritty sound of 2Pac's Skandalouz fills the bedroom.

My anger is evident when I see who it is.

What the fuck is she doing here again?

Lia

I love my brother.

No matter how fugly he is or stupid he is, he is the best brother in the world.

He bought me a ticket to New York. So I could see Xavier race. So I wouldn't miss something so significant of the person I love the most in the world.

WANT (Complete ✔️)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें