𝐏 𝐀 𝐑 𝐓 𝐅 𝐈 𝐕 𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄'𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐌𝐍, seeing the horrifying death of one of their pears shook the occupants to the core. Regulus close friends and family were in a state of panicked mortification, their youngest family member had not only died to the war but by her own accord in sacrifice.

Atlas clung to his mother, he knew she had died from the description on of the caves contents he had gathered from Harry, but still, seeing her being dragged to her death by the creatures in the water was more traumatizing then he would have thought.

Rabastan had his head pushed into her neck, still a sobbing mess, he had his fingers on her pulse point reassuring himself that his other half was still alive and well. He didn't know how he would go on without her in his life, how was he going to cope with Regulus' loss when he was going mad just at the thought of losing her.

Evan and Barty were holding onto her legs for dear life, foreheads pushing onto her kneecaps staining her skirt with their salty tears. The thought of loosing their sister, the rock of their group, was taring them apart.

Regulus was reassuring her boys that she was still alive and wasn't going anywhere, her fingers threading through their hair. She caught eyes with Sirius' tear stained face, he was distraught at the thought of loosing his sister a second time, he was going to make things right between them. He wouldn't let it happen, not this time around.

Once everyone had calmed down slightly Dumbledore stood from his seat.

"I think after that horrifying watch we need a much needed break." The man announced, slim tables appeared by the walls filled with a variety of food and drinks. People started to move around the hall, some leaving the room to clean themselves up.

Arcturus tapped his granddaughters shoulder motioning her to follow him out the grand doors, once she was able to untangle herself from the mass of limbs clung to her she followed him out. The strolled by the Black lake in silence for a few moments before the aging man broke it.

"I know you are already planning for what has just happened, planning to sacrifice yourself for what, I do not know." He started, eyeing her from the corner of his eye sockets.

Regulus paused in her step, thinking over whether to tell her grandfather about her findings. If she didn't her plan would go accordingly ending with her demise, but if she told him it could go one of two ways.

One: She told him her plans, they started working together, her mother caught wind of what was happening and told her beloved Lord ending in hours, days or maybe months of torture for the betrayal and a gruesome death.

or Two: She tells her grandfather her findings, they work together making sure nobody except those closest know about what is going on, they gather the resources to get the locket, apparate from the cave with side-along apparation ending in success, survival and more research.

The girl sighs before abruptly sitting down on the pebbly ground, she motions for Arcturus to do the same. Lord Black gave the girl a odd look before summoning a chair for himself.

"As you know I did not want to join the Death Eaters-" She was cut off by the man.

"I didn't want any of my family joining that man, Black bow to nobody." He ranted. "Sorry dear, do carry on."

She rolled her eyes slightly before starting to explain once more. "The first time I met the Dark Lord I could tell something was off, it was almost like he wasn't whole. His magic was dark and powerful, I would have revelled in it if it was not for the parts tainted by something, something above all evil."

Arcturus was thoughtful about the information, motioning for her to continue.

"That night I got back home and went straight to the library hoping to find whatever it was my magic was warning me about, I searched for hours, by the time the sun rose I had still found nothing. I was to go back to Hogwarts that day so I hoped I would find something in the library here.

For the next few weeks I soured the shelves of the Hogwarts library but nothing came to fruition, I was appointed prefect so I had the ability to use the Restricted section. By the time of the Yule holidays I had found a book that sounded hopeful."

Something clicked in the aging mans head, "That is the reason you did not join us last Yule?"

Regulus spoke in a slightly irritated voice, annoyed by the interruption, before continuing her story. " Yes, Grandfather. Anyway I used the book to help me with finding what I was feeling that night, a name came up in the helpful book so I searched for another by the name and I found one, it was tucked away at the back of the Restricted section."

"What was the name that came up, Regulus?" Arcturus inquired.

"Horcrux." Regulus offered.

" Regulus offered

917 words. 

Hullo Loves!

Shorter chapter today, I wanted to try to give Arcturus and Regulus a bonding moment.

I forgot to mention that Regulus was Magic Sensitive meaning she can sense magical objects and others magic type stronger than others, that's why she could feel part of Voldyshorts soul missing. 

Anyway, Stay Classy xoxo

-MARV0L0