Thirty five ・゚✧

"Not." Zayn blushed, hiding his face from the two boys. It was adorable really. "Whatever you say... It's bedtime anyway." Liam said quietly, rubbing circles on Zayn's back tenderly. "Been a long day."

"Need t' finish my 'nana." He whispered to Liam and leaned over onto the cold, hard side, picking it back up. The little held it in his hand and munched down on the rest of it, making shy eye contact with Louis for a split second. He could feel himself aging up just being in his presence.

"I really didn't think it would take.. Liam... for you to slip, Zayn." The man said, watching how Zayn's eyes went from an illuminated, transparent shade to a dusky one. His hands covered in grubby banana which his own caregiver instincts were wanting to wipe clean.

"He's alright... He's good..." Zayn whispered, almost fully out of the space, "I tried to tell you when you met me the other day... but didn't want to elaborate much. I was still unsure myself... but he treats me well and it's like he just knows what to do, what I want."

"I remember." Louis sighed, looking at Liam, "All those nights you escaped off to my dorm to escape him, I won't forget them. It'll take me a while to like him, and I don't mean that in a horrible way, just in a protective and caring way."

"I've done some reflecting," Liam interrupted, causing Louis to scowl instead, "And I've spoken to Zayn, I've apologised, I can't help my habits but at least I can be kind about them. I shouldn't have been the way I was and I've been trying to make it up to him ever since." The man picked up a soggy, damp cloth from by the sink and cleansed Zayn's hands for him, the boy silently thanked him.

"Well.. Good. I'm glad. Zayn is very delicate, if you hurt him in anyway I'll be more than just mad. I hope you understand that." Louis said, voice austere and Liam knew that the man had meant it. "I'll keep that in mind."

"Great. And I'm sorry to bring you out of the space by being here, Zayn. I've notice you're not little anymore." He glowered, crossing his arms.

"Oh.. s' fine. I should be big anyway. I've got stuff to do... Work. An' that." He muttered, getting up. He stretched, looking around as if to take in every feature of the room he missed while in little space. He acknowledged his new train set and flushed, grabbing a new canvas. "I need to make a better piece."

"C'mon, Z. It was just one C grade. Don't push yourself too hard, it won't make a difference to your grade." Liam ensured, rubbing his back. Zayn just frowned and Louis looked almost shocked, "Liam. As a caregiver, you should be encouraging him to fulfil the things he wants to do."

"He got a C and wants to redo an entire art piece. That'll take hours... It won't even make a difference to his grade." Liam argued back, Zayn watched between the two. "And? This is what Zayn is like. He's driven. You don't know him like I do."

"Excuse me... But-" Liam exhaled and ceased himself, getting up. He did laps of the room in a desperate attempt to calm himself before starting an argument with the man sat before him.

"That wasn't nice really, Louis. He's getting to know me." Zayn defended, "Give him chance." Louis groaned. "Fine. Sorry. Whatever. I just think you should do what you want, don't listen to him. When is it due?"

"Like, tomorrow.. I didn't have time to do it yesterday.. cause we went out. Maybe Liam is right though." He shrugged, looking at the blank canvas. He picked up a pencil and began to sketch a new and better planned design.

"You went out? Oh, it gets worse!" Louis sighed dramatically. "Let me guess, you got drunk."

Zayn simply shrugged, looking over towards Liam who was now stood staring out the window. He looked back towards Louis, "I'm a grown person, y'know. And I had fun. Liam looked after me, so did Niall, his friend. It was alright."

"I just want the best for you." Louis muttered, "And you best get a move on if that's due in tomorrow." He lectured, Zayn sighed and worked on it. "I'm not going to get any sleep if I continue."

"I mean, do what you think is best." Louis said. "I need to head off. Need to make sure Harry has done all his homework and got into bed." Louis and Harry's dynamic was more thought out than Liam and Zayn's, granted they have been together a lot longer, Harry had rules and one of them rules was to always get his homework done before bed so that he wasn't left stressing about it the day before it was due. It was something simple and helped Harry to focus. "Mm'kay, see you later Lou."

"I'll see you, Zayn. Please keep up to date with me, I don't want to sound like a controlling friend by any means - that is the last thing I'd want. I just know what you're like and I don't want you get upset or something and struggle alone."

The small boy nodded, sitting his pencil back down. He didn't know whether he should resume or not because Liam was right, although he'd hate to admit it. Doing the illustration would cause nothing fresh to his grade and would only keep him up all night. "I will. If I get the chance to go on my phone. I'm a busy boy lately."

Louis chuckled softly, "Yeah. Busy drinking and partying..." he teased, "Goodnight." The man made eye contact with Liam and nodded his head, as if to suggest a silent 'goodbye.' He left, closing the door quietly behind himself.

Zayn looked at Liam, his brown, gentle eyes shining in the moonlight from the window. "You okay?"

Liam let out a deep breath, "I think. I just needed a moment, I didn't want to get angry at Louis when he's your friend but he was seriously being a bit of a dick. I'm trying to be good, I promise."

"I know you are, and I'm sorry for him. He's just really, really protective of me. He's like all I had here until you so he is just trying to be there for me. I have gave you pre-warnings in the past. He'll eventually come around to you, it's Harry you should worry about... Haz will give you evil glares." He giggled, getting up and hugging Liam. "And you're right about the drawing, there's no point. I am just frustrated I got a C. I don't think I deserved a C."

"I don't think that you deserved a C either but sometimes things happen that aren't fair for us. We just have to live with them, you're constantly getting A's and A stars... So one C really won't make much difference... I'm proud of you either way, you're doing much better than me. Try not to be too hard on yourself." He spoke softly, wrapping his arms closely around Zayn. The boy fitting in between them flawlessly. "It's bedtime now anyway, little man."

"Little man." Zayn repeated with a blush. "Can I sleep in your bed tonight with you?"

"Of course. Is your pup joining us? Your paci and bottle will be here tomorrow." He smiled and lay down on the bed, opening his arms. Zayn nodded and grabbed the fluffy puppy, cuddling next to him. Liam's arms peacefully fell around the opposite boy. "I forgot about them.. Been an exciting day. Thank you for everything, I can't wait."

Liam ran a hand through Zayn's hair, caressing his velvety smooth cheek. "I'm glad you've had a good day, despite Louis accidentally pulling you out of your tiny space. It's been lovely and I'm so grateful you introduced me to this side of you, we're going to have many days like this in the future. I feel it."

Zayn smiled, a hand against Liam's heart. The feeling of the man's heartbeats echoing against his palm. "Sleep well, Li." He rested his eyes shut before nodding off.

"Sleep well, love." Liam whispered, joining him.