Chapter 9

Tewkesbury

Me and Enola sneaked out an exit. Making sure we were careful with our little escape so nobody would see us leave and ask questions.

  We escaped out a door that guided us on to a path in the garden.

This garden was very special to me mainly because I had lots of memories of it.

Enola giggled and laughed at the obvious rush of adrenaline rushing through our bodies as we sneaked off. We held each others arms tightly, as if we didn't want to ever let go.

I wanted to take her to the large fountain we had. Back then I would always make a wish every time I would see it. Hoping that one day it may come true.

Now I wanted to thank it for making my one wish come true. Enola.

"This place is so beautiful. Words can't explain it" Enola spoke up as she observed the place with delight and love written in her face as her eyes darted around looking at every little detail.

"Guess what's more beautiful?" I replied. As I turned my head, staring at her pretty face that I could see in the very little gleam reflecting from the moonlight.

She blushed as she hit my arm lightly. I could tell she was nervous.

We turned on the path as we could finally see my sacred fountain. Enola gasped as she picked up her dress with her hands so she wouldn't dirty it as she ran to the fountain.

I laughed as she dipped her hands in the lukewarm water, splashing it into the air. I caught up with her and grabbed her waist from behind clearly shocking her.

She laughed after the obvious surprise and turned around looking into my eyes.

"Enola I know this is a bit awkward and I really don't know how to say this, but I've been waiting so long to say it and I realize you're probably curious to what I have to ask you now but I don't want you to feel uncomfor-"

Enola grabbed my hands as we both realized I was ranting to her "Tewkesbury calm down it's okay, ask away"

"Do you ever imagine a future with me?" I let it out really fast as the words rushed out of my mouth. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see the expression on her face.

She shook my hands. I didn't even realize she was still holding them. "Tewkesbury I do, everyday it's all I can think about" she told me.

I opened one eye. Enola was smiling as she looked down trying to hide it. I opened my other eye and looked down trying to hide the obvious humongous smile on my face. I'm pretty sure my face was beet red right now.

"Do you ever think of marrying me?" Possibly in the future?" I asked her feeling a tiny bit more confident in myself.

She smiled. "You really are a nimcopoop" she laughed as she nodded her head giving me my answer. A bigger smile erupted on to my face

"Tewkesbury?" Enola asked me. I lifted my head to see her smirking at me.

"Yes-" I didn't get to finish because Enola pushed me into the fountain. Cold water hit my body as I plunged into the shallow fountain before I could properly register what just happened.

I picked myself up looking down at my now dripping wet clothes and leaned forward grabbing Enola's arm without hesitation as I pulled her in with me.

She screamed and laughed but was cut off by her falling into the water. She got up faster than me due to her quick reflexes as she splashed me with water.

I splashed right back and we started a big splashing war. I grabbed her hands and tried pushing her into the water but she was quick and brought me down with her.

I let out a small yell of surprise as I fell on top of Enola. We laughed as our noses touched. I kissed the tip of her nose as she did the same.

Not wanting to squish Enola with my weight I got up and offered her a hand.

She wrapped both her hands around mine and I pulled her up with my strength. As she got up she didn't waste a minute and smashed her lips to mine.

I chuckled as I kissed back. I felt like time stopped and all I could hear was the sound of water rushing out of the fountain and Enola's laugh.

I grabbed her waist, pulling her even closer as her hands flew to the back of my neck. After what felt like minutes but were mere seconds in reality she pulled away for a breath. I let her have two seconds to breath before grabbing her chin with my hand, pulling her lips back onto mine.

Suddenly, I was pulled away from Enola. My hands left her waist and her hands left my neck in surprise. Someone behind me pulled me and pushed me into the water. Hard. My head hit the bottom of the fountain. Pain shocked my head but whoever did that was certainly going after Enola next. I got up trying my hardest to get up faster but my head hurt so bad.

My vision blurred as I struggled to see what was happening in front of me. I could see blurry figures pushing and punching. My vision came back and I didn't waste a second before walking up slowly, grabbing the mysterious figure that rudely pushed me in the middle of the best moment of my life. It looked like a man just by the way his dry wrinkly neck felt on my hands as I grabbed him by the head and pushed him into the fountain boulder.

Enola has a bloody lip and a bruise on her left cheekbone. I was just about to go and rush into her arms when movement touched the corner of my eye.

He got up and touched his forehead where a large ugly bruise was bleeding from the impact of the boulder. He saw the blood and made a run for it.

Enola ran right after him. I didn't see much after because my vision blurred again but this time I had a hard time hearing the sound of the water. I could see her figure distancing herself as if blurred into nothing.

I felt my vision blacken as I fell into the water.

A/N

Heyyyy don't be a ghost reader!! Make sure to vote for this chapter so I can continue updating chapters for you guys!! Also if you guys have any ideas at all for this book pls dm me privately! I would love to hear some suggestions! Thank you so much for 5k views like wowww!! Thank you all for your support!!