Chapter 1

Tewksbury

I woke up on a bright morning with a lot to do and a lot on my mind. Groaning at the thought of leaving
the warmth and comfort of my bed, I got up.
While doing my hygiene I reviewed my routine for the day. I had to go to a very important meeting at the Lords and then I would meet up with Enola at a nearby park.
Enola.
I would say I'm quite certain I'm going to marry that chaotic little devil one day. We had only recently confessed our love to each other while she was working on a case.
I smiled at the thought of her but remembered I had a meeting to get to.
I was making my way towards the Lords meeting house(guys idk wtf to call it) when a young lady came up to me with her mother.
"My lord, what a splendid weather we have today?" She smiled brightly, intent shown very publicly in her eyes.
"Splendid indeed" I nod before politely brushing her off to make it to my meeting on time.
From the corner of my eye, I could see her face was beet red and her mothers mouth was gaping open.
I knew exactly what was going to happen if I stopped and had a conversation with them. I was a lord. A young handsome lord. A young lord who has no wife.  Yet at least. Need I explain? Besides I already have my eye on someone already.
I would be lying if I said I didn't think about Enola literally every minute of the damn day. Everyday. God she made me crazy. It was like I was a small lovesick puppy for her or something. It was insane on how everything reminded me of her, yet I loved every minute of it.
Sighing I made my way up the steps of the large building. Two more hours before I could see her.
Two very long and painful hours.
———————————————————————————
I was walking to the park where I would meet Enola.
I hadn't seen her since last week. Both of our jobs have made both of us extremely busy, but we always  make time for each other.
It's like we're there for each other through thick and thin. We're always helping each other when we're struggling.
I help her with whatever case she's working on and she helps me make the world a better place. She makes me a better person in general.
And isn't that what a partner is supposed to be? Somebody you could rely on for your secrets and problems and love for the rest for the rest of your life. Someone who makes you smile just by thinking about them. Someone who just makes you a better person. Oh god. I'm ranting now and it's going to make me late.
I first recognize her by her hair. It's so long and thick and it's just so pretty. Just like her.
She doesn't see me and she's sitting on a bench looking down as she reads something with concentration.
I smile as I make my way behind her in hopes of scaring her lightly. I grab her shoulders with my hands as I softly say "boo" in her ears.
She jumps in her seat as she turns around. Her face looks shocked but staggers into pure happiness as she sees me.
She gets up, placing the book beside her and she jumps into me. Wrapping her hands behind my neck as I grab her waist in surprise.
I hug her closer as she digs her face into the crook of my neck. She sighs as if she's been waiting for this moment all week.
Well I know I have.
I breath into her smell. She smells like flowers which just happens to be my favourite thing in the world.
I'm wrong, she's my favourite thing in the world.