Chapter 34: Backstory (part 12)

[having supportive friends makes you feel like a freaking author celebrity]

It's been two weeks since Yara last heard of Alessandro, and as each day went by, the feeling of hatred is growing inside of her. And more she's asking about him, elie lies to her about his location and yet every secret meeting he have behind her back, she knew that they might be talking about Alessandro.

"I PAY YOU TO MAKE THE JOB DONE!" Roared Elie in his secret meeting. He collapsed on his chair, cupping his face. "How could you lose contact with him...?" He added in a sad and tired voice. "It's been two weeks since he disappeared..." all of his men are looking at him disappointed of themselves. Then the phone in the middle of the table started to rang. Elie stared at it for a few seconds scared. He took the phone and answered. "Hello?" He heard someone breathing heavily and sighing. "E-elie. It's me..!" Elie jumped on his feet "ale?! Where are you?!" "God... pick me up from route cassadrella 34. I escaped...."

He ordered his men to pick him up "are you okay?!" "Yeah yeah I'm fine.... Just tired.... Are you taking me to your place?" Elie sighed "no. I will take you home and I'll meet you there immediately." "T-thanks man." Heavy breathing and groaning was still heard from the phone. "E-elie.... Espada have a daughter. Get her...." Elie smirked "I don't care right now about him. I just need you to be okay." "Awww . You're so romantic ~ I'm waiting for you tonight baby." Elie rolled his eyes playfully "you're really cheesy. That's why you don't pull chicks. Who even wants to date you?" He chuckles "you have no freaking idea." "I'll hang up right now so I meet you to her house." "The main door code is 6665" "alright. See you there." And he hang up on him.

Elie rushed out of his office, holding onto his jacket and run downstairs "where are you going ?!" Yara asked as he bumped into her "an important meeting! Don't wait for me to dinner!" And he was out of the house. Yara felt sad that a lot of things is happening without her knowledge of any of it.

As the nurse was helping Alessandro with a huge cut on his left chest, elie asked angrily "what the heck did they do to you?!" "Torture the shit out of me elie. That's what they do." After finishing his work, the nurse was excused to leave. Elie settled himself next to him. "How's Yara?" Ale asked. "I didn't tell her anything. That's why I told you to go to your place." Alessandro knew what's going on Yara's head. That she hates him for leaving her so suddenly. That he just added more fuel to the fire, that he made her more convinced about her not going back to him.

"Vanessa Espada. That's her name. He hide it from everyone. He didn't want anyone to know that he had a daughter. Poor girl never leaves home." Elie rolled his eyes "I didn't come here to tell me about her man. I was worried sick of you." Ale smirked "you're my family too Ale. Always been there." Elie hugged Ale "ouch ouch ouch! My chest!!" He let out a laugh and added "don't worry." Elie smiled.

"I'm kidnapping the girl." Elie mumbled, his fingers intertwined together. "And then?" "Espada would be begging to get her back. We catch him in his most vulnerable moments and kill him." They stayed quiet for long minutes "you know it's not an easy mission." Elie looked at Alessandro "he killed my father.... He tortured you.... Worst of all... yara was about to die because of him. Please Alessandro be with me in this mission, if not for me, at least let the guilt you have been holding that it was your fault that Yara got hurt badly, fade away."

Alessandro looked at elie, and nodded "alright. Let's do it." "No. You rest right now. When the girl is with me. I will summon you. You'll be living in one of my rooms. I won't leave you alone. Espada will know that you sneaked the hiding of his daughter and this time he will kill you for good." Ale sighed and agreed with everything, showing nothing but support.

[Reread chapter 5 and the last paragraph of the chapter to know where we're at]

Alessandro walked after her, after she made her dramatic leave from him. It was a little bit overwhelming for her. Alessandro disappeared for two weeks. A poor girl is locked in their house. Elie is always on his nerves.... Her life was a chaos right now. As she walked to her garden, he caught her and made her face him "Yara!" "Oh no! Don't you Yara me right now! Don't say I was thinking about you these two weeks! Don't tell me that you love me! Don't tell me anything right now! That's what always happens. You come back, you kiss me, you have sex with me, and you leave! Wait.... YOU DISAPPEAR!"

Alessandro didn't say a word. She walked closer to him, as there was just a small space between her face and his. "Where were you?" His heart was hammering and she noticed it "what?... oh. You're thinking of a lie to tell me right?!" He shook his head no. "STOP LYING!" She shouted pushing his chest. He backed away a little "oh god! You.... You were with h-her..?" Alessandro looked at her weirdly. "W-what?" Yara's eyes started to get glossy "you were with this girl you're going to get married to...." Alessandro took a step forward and explained "yara can't you see? There was no marriage in the first place!"

"Liar! There's a marriage! There's always a marriage!" Tears scrolled down her cheeks, he slowly tried to touch her cheeks, to wipe her tears away. "Stay away from me!" She roared. "Don't lie to me.... Why are you lying?!" Alessandro stood straight in front of her, she was so short in front of him that he had to lower his face to look at her helpless body and hear her sobbing "your father even had the pleasure to come to our house and invite us to the wedding. He rubbed it in my face...."

Alessandro never knew about that. His father went to elie's place to invite Yara to the wedding. 'The nerves this bastard had' thought Alessandro to himself. She rolled her eyes and added with a sarcastic annoying tone "you Alessandro Garcia, going from a club to another, from a woman to another, showing off how much you have money. That you are a millionaire-..." He grabbed her neck "don't fucking insult me. I'm a billionaire." He let go of her and then took a deep breath "Yara. There is no other woman. You are-...." "I'm the other woman Alessandro, I'm the one holding on a cheating scandal." Alessandro blood started to boil, he held onto Yara's shoulder and shook her "YARA! THERE'S NO OTHER WOMAN IN MY LIFE!" Elie walked to the room they were in and looked at them fighting.

"What's going on here?!" He shouted. Yara pushed herself away from Alessandro's grip "get your friend away from me!" She said before leaving the boys alone. "Your cousin is a total brat!" Said Ale pissed. "Oh I know that. See her when she's on her period. She turns to a hormones monster." Ale looked at the door that was closed after her "dude you still hadn't got used to how she is?"
Asked elie playfully. "She's a headache I know! But she's stronger now. She even beat all my best men. Top one woman killed in whole Italy. That's what I wanted for her to be in the first place."

Ale saw the triomphe glance on Elie's face "the accident made her wake up and now she's the best," elie tapped on Alessandro's back "just be patient with her." "Yeah"

For the rest of the day, everytime Alessandro wanted to talk to Yara. She would ignore him completely. Even if he was close to her, when he ask her to grab something for him, about paper work, she wouldn't even notice his existence when they drank tea together in the backyard, and it pissed him a lot.