Chapter 22: Wanting truth

[Writing this chapter and listening to The Weeknd is the best vibe. Or even Chase Atlantic. Enjoy chapter 22]

[This chapter is written for an encouraging reader of mine. Thank you so much for your support CourtneyTennyson

Vanessa was sitting alone on the balcony looking at the stars. She suddenly felt a hand wrap around her neck and pulling her up to reach her lips. She kissed him softly enjoying his taste, even tho he tastes cigarette but she got used to it. He settled himself next to her, pulling her legs onto his lap. "So Love. How are you feeling?" She sighed "I am better."

She looked at him who looked at her with disbelief. "Look I am not here to tell you I understand. Because I don't. I don't know what I feels to be in your place Vanessa. But my father died too. And being without a mom is harder. But what you did was right. And we all owe you."' Vanessa laid her head on his shoulder. She took his hand and kissed it "Elie. I love you."

His heart stopped. He turned to her "w-what...?" "I love you." He pulled away and sat in front of her "Vanessa it's not a joke. We're being serious. Did you say you love me?" She smiled and nodded. He let out a sigh and his smile was now behind his ears "Vanessa. I love you too." He held her up and kissed her lips. She tried to pull away, but he whispered "no let me taste you more."

After sitting under the moonlight for an hour, chatting and talking "do you believe it we are going to be uncles and aunt soon! I am so excited Elie." He groaned "oh come on you can't stay mad at them."

"She's pregnant!"
"She's 19 Elie!"
"Still! She's still my baby cousin!"

She shook her head "I thought Yara was the more dramatic. Come on Elie." She kissed his lips earning a smile "kiss me again." She gave him another "again" with a more demanding voice. She gave him another. Than she stood up "alright! I need a shower!" He replied with a smirk "want me to join you?"

She grabbed a pillow and hit his head who in his part didn't move a single millimeter. "What do you expect me to say? Ouch?" She laughed "pain in the ass." He laughed at her statement. After getting out, her hair was detangled and the scent of flowers was flouring from her. They both settled in bed, cuddling with each other. "If you ever told me 4 months ago that I would have a girlfriend and we're laying on the bed together I would have laughed." She looked at him glaring "I don't get why you don't do girlfriends. Who broke your heart?" "A lot of damn things."

Looking back Elie had a tough life. His life is 24/7 in danger, and he puts his surroundings in danger too. And that's what's make him as much as possible protective and build barriers, not letting anyone enter them. Until Vanessa came. And it all changed. To the better. Elie have fell in love hard. He's never been this happy and Vanessa changed him. She changed his whole family. And she sacrificed her own life for him.

The next morning, Elie found himself walking alone to Alessandro in the backyard. Both of them having a cigar in their mouth, and Ale was talking on the phone "yeah she's pregnant.... No man it's my fault, she warned me about the condom but I didn't listen..... yeah I'm happy I guess. It's just not what I expected..... she could have died with the baby inside. We should be smarter than this. We shouldn't have left her..... elie? Oh he hates my guts.... Wasn't really on board with me and Yara at the first place. Might as well imagine how much he's planning for my death in many brutal ways..... yeah, I know we'll be alright..... anyways I called you to ask if you might give me the doctors number who helped you and your wife with your babies.... Yeah send the number through text.... Alright alright. Thanks man."

Alessandro ended the call and threw his finished cigar on the bin next to him. He was stroking aggressively his hair, moving his hands from the top of his forehead to the back of his neck. He was tired. Exhausted. "Hey you alright?" Elie asked. Ale turned cowardly about to hold his gun that's in the back pocket "oh it's you.... I thought... never mind." Elie moved to him, so now he's standing next to him "I asked if you're alright." He sighed "no....."

Elie hands were in his pocket "tell me from the beginning. Everything about you and Yara. Since day one to today. A-Z." Alessandro turned to him, looking at him worried. "You already hate me enough. I'm not telling you shit. You might shoot a bullet straight to my brain." Elie assured "I wont do it. Trust me." "I trust you. I don't trust myself, and what I did to your cousin; was highly unfair. It wasn't supposed to be that serious. Ever. But things happened. Everything changed. I don't know how, or I don't know why. But there's something I know."

Elie turned to him and looked at him "I fell in love with her. In a way that's not expected. I fell in love with her so hard, that I never forgave myself for what I did to her. But you know when work comes with family life, wether you like it or not...... you put them in danger. It was never my intention to love her. It was just business. Make her mine, making your business and my father's business, which after his death, was given to me, work with each other, combine. Power. Money. Glory."

Elie was having a hard time to connect the dot. Its like something huge His best friend is hiding. Ale sighed and lowered his neck, and Elie had saw his cousin's name tattooed at the back of neck. Something he just noticed it now. Elie, who was hungry for the truth, said "tell me everything." Alessandro let go of a tear "I-I w-was the one w-who k-killed my f-father."