Chapitre 13: Not So Heartless

[People keep asking me of this story..... like they are ready to even write it themselves if I don't publish a chapter in a day or two. Enjoy chapter 13]

At around 4 in the morning, Elie was still in bed looking at the ceiling, thinking. 'Where are you Espada? Your daughter is kidnapped, how could you be so calm?' He sat straight, took his robe and went downstairs.

As he was walking down the stairs, he heard footsteps. He took his gun that were in his back pocket and loaded it, and ready to shoot anyone who could be here. He walked slowly to the kitchen where the noise where.

He peaked and saw Vanessa filling her cup with some water. "Miss Espada you scared me." Vanessa turned to him and replied "oh sorry.... Was I too loud?" Elie shook his head "no, I was just-... you know what forget it." Vanessa added "want some water?"

He smiled and replied "yeah I could have some." Vanessa grabbed a cup and filled it with water and handed it to him and sat in front of him on the couch. "Why are you up so early?" She asked.

"I don't know... just thinking." Vanessa nodded. A silence filled the room, this silence was so powerful that you could even hear the little fox that was walking in the forest near them.

"I never had the occasion to ask Miss Espada-..." "just call me Vanessa." He looked at her surprised and smiled "well Vanessa.... I wanted to ask you... how was your life back home?" Vanessa looked at him confused "I-... well it was lonely.... House was always filled with people, threats and shotgun sounds. To be honest you know the feeling that you are safe in your own house?" Elie nodded.

Vanessa shrugged her shoulders "well.... I never felt safe at home. I usually lock my door. Afraid of the people father brings. And rarely get out..." A part of Elie felt really sorry for her. "When was the last time you felt safe somewhere?"

She smiled and replied "now...." He looked at her shocked "n-now...?" She giggled and added "I feel safe here... with you and with Yara and with Alessandro. Look... I promised you that I will not get too attached to Yara.... I couldn't help myself."

Elie sat closer to her and asked "what makes you feel safe Vanessa?" She stated at him, she felt his eyes looking straight to her soul, her breath started to get heavy, her cheeks were burning, she knew she looked like a tomato. "It's just... I see the family bond you and Yara have.... Even if something bad happened to her, you would kill the whole world to have her safe between your arms."

Elie was still looking at her, still looking at her beautiful round face, at her curly hair, and her eyes that were shining like two little rhinestones. He came closer, she turned to face him completely "what's on your mind Elie?" She asked curiously.

"A lot of things darling, and one of the things..... that I am dying to kill your father no matter what." Vanessa looked at the coldness of his eyes "you hate him so much that makes me wonder sometimes if you hate me as well." Elie looked at her "do you hate me elie?"

He started at her, glancing on her two soft eyes "I beg you Vanessa. Don't make me say it...." She was confused on his reply and asked one more time "the answer is just a yes or a no.... Do you hate me?"

"No I don't.... And that's where everything seems to be a chaos. I should hate you, I should even kill you... but maybe because when I first held you between my arms, something was different about you-..." he looked at her and saw her so focused.

"I-...." "No continue. Please...." She begged. He smiled and added "you are different than other girls. And well everyone is unique in some way, but you are nothing like I ever expected. I couldn't show that much love to Yara... and maybe your kindness that makes you attractive...."

Vanessa's cheeks started to burn, she felt fireworks in her heart. Her palms were getting sweatier, she felt as she was sitting on a fluffy cloud, while dozens of butterflies were in her stomach. "I usually never treat one of my victims like this, but I chose to be kind to you maybe because of this strange aura you have that obligate me to show mercy."

Vanessa smiled "thank you..." another silence filled the room. Vanessa stood up and said "I should probably get back to bed...." Elie stood up "Vanessa, would you like to assist me to the training field. I train my man to shoot and technics to face the enemy. Would you be interested-..."

Vanessa walked towards him, step on her tip toes and kissed his cheek "I would love to. And once again thank you for stopping the wedding." She gave him a smile and walked back to her room.

Elie still holding his cheek where she laid a soft kiss, and sat on the couch. A smile formed and he let a sigh of relief 'Miss Espada, I don't really know what you are doing to me. But please don't stop.'

On the other hand, Vanessa went back to bed with a huge smile on her face. She laid back on her bed, looking at the ceiling, rewinding her conversation with him.

Giggling at the remember of his eyes focusing on her. And his sweet talk that made her heart melt. She grabbed a pillow and screamed through it. 'As much as he makes me tremble at the mentioning of his name, but he is way more than a heartless monster.'

She covered herself, and went back to sleep still thinking all the lovely words and compliments he gave her few minutes ago. She was ready to wake up every day at 4 in the morning to hear him say these words again.
————
1018 Words