𝐗𝐈𝐈

- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ chapter twelve ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌

THE PADDOCK WAS FULL OF people rushing around and fans trying to meet their favourite drivers

THE PADDOCK WAS FULL OF people rushing around and fans trying to meet their favourite drivers. Lando had successfully sneaked Elena inside the paddock without the fans noticing that she was with him. The atmosphere of the race weekend was already there, even though it was only Thursday. For Lando it was a media day, while for Elena was exploration day. Elena was amazed by how Formula One was a team sport. Mechanics, strategists and a lot more people were working like crazy in the garages, while the drivers were in the conference room. A group of drivers that had just finished their media duties, had noticed how Elena was looking around like it was her first time there. Her hair were down and her outfit was completing the image that had made them look at her with admiration. Elena was in her phone, when she bumped into the drivers. The coffee that she was holding in her left hand was now all over her shirt, while she had hit one of them. "I'm so sorry, I was not looking where I was going" she said, without looking at them. Lando chuckled at her and shook his head. "Don't worry Elena, it could happen to everyone. Come on, let's get you a new shirt" Lando told her and grabbed her hand, dragging her all the way to the McLaren hospitality.

George, Alex, Yuki and Carlos were left shocked, not knowing that the girl was with Lando. It was unusual for the young British driver to act like that to a fan and they were looking forward to ask him about that. Meanwhile, Lando was in his room searching for his hoodie. It was a black hoodie from the new collection of Quadrant, which was a little huge for Elena. "Here, wear this. This should keep you warm" he said and gave her the hoodie. Elena thanked him and went into the bathroom, in order to change her clothes. "Thank you Lando, I really appreciate it" she murmured and kissed his cheek before backing away and looking around the room except him. "Sorry, I..." she began, but Lando grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug. "Don't worry about it, I liked it" he reassured her and made her look up at him. He smiled at her and kissed her forehead. "Come on, I'm done with the media. Let's go back to the hotel" he added and took her hand. The duo walked out of the hospitality and, before no one could see their hands, Lando had hidden them out of the view. Elena smiled at the small gesture, as he knew how much she wanted to avoid the drama, and continued walking next to Lando. Jon joined them before exiting the paddock and together they went to the car, where Lando and his trainer sat in front and Elena in the back out of the view again, as the glasses were not transparent. "You know Elena, tomorrow I'll show you around McLaren. I want you in a nice orange outfit and I will make sure that you will have the best experience ever. Leave Lando alone and join me" Jon joked successfully, as Elena had chuckled as quietly as she could.