Chapter 0 (Prologue): The First Day

When I applied for this job at Lamix Laboratory I wasn't expecting to actually get an interview. I thought it would be an easy job as reading the description was just saying 'needing employees' so I signed a contract I probably should have read but I don't care, I need money. Walking into the building was very...different to say the least. It was a walkway with a seemingly bottomless pit. Walking further was an office-like area with a worker at the desk. "Hello there. What is your business in the lab?" "I have a job interview so where do I go for that?" "Head straight left through a double door and keep walking till you make it to a red see through wall. Avoid any puddles and weird abnormalities while on your walk there wouldn't want to lose you on not even your first day!" She says the last part and begins laughing which is ominous but sure.

I begin my journey seeing shadows on the floor. I'm just going to ignore it and not walk over it. I turn to the left and continue walking past a garage-like area. Looking to the area that I'm not supposed to go to looks to be the bathroom and café. I continue my walk and get to an area Which doesn't look safe as there are black holes with crystal-like structures coming out of it and puddles everywhere. I am assuming my job is going to be cleaning up this mess but I'ma cross my fingers. I make it past that stuff and stop at what the lady told me was. Interesting. If my videogames knowledge has taught me anything it looks like a barrier to keep things out. A person walks up to the barrier and begins to speak. "I promise it's fine to walk through." The person takes a step out from seemingly nowhere laughing as I take a step and don't get electrocuted into tiny bits. "It's for keeping the creatures out even though all of them won't attack unless you provoke them. It's still safer than not having it. And you must be Mr. (L/N)?" "Why yes I am! Also what about creatures?" "Ah, another one who didn't read the contract. Well my name is Welsh and this place houses goo like creatures. We say 'goo like' because when they are stressed and are/or severely injured they become liquid like. This place was designed to study them without the public knowing and because you did sign a contract contacting you to this place your job will be cleaning up the mess that they leave behind." "Yeah, why do I need to do that? Also I have so many questions?!?" "Well legally I can only tell you the first question for now but you'll figure out the other stuff soon enough. You are tasked with cleaning up the mess because people who touch it become one of them. Cleaning up will also pick up objects like shades , buckets, and fedora hats. Don't ask me anything about why those items. All we know is that they are very dangerous." Well today I learned reading is important apparently.

After he got done talking and explained everything he also told me the ones they have discovered. There's Kaiju which is like a dragon entity with blue crystals on its back kinda like godzilla. Catte a orange cat with a bucket on its head. Fed is like a weird cat-dog thing. It's just a gray thing with a fedora. Lang is like a red-panda but blueish. Mochi is a brown dragon. Protogen is like a dog but robotic with its face having LED's for its facial expressions. Shade is another gray like thing but it wears cool shades so the Fed one and this one is like the mario and luigi duo. Shork is a shark yup that's it. SlimeHound and SlimePup are both like a family almost. The SlimeHound is like a protector for the SlimePup and the SlimePup is like a puppy but made out of slime. SprinkleKit is just an ice cream dog??? That's how Welsh explained it to me but you know I will probably have to see it for myself. He also said that the goo's also wear clothes like people but I do have questions that I thought was rude to ask but like don't they leak??? Wouldn't that stain the clothes??? Whatever.

He also handed me a map which showed the main areas of this place and pathways. There was a garden, a flooded area which no one ever tries to drain because there are dangerous sharks in there which is very alarming but no one cares. Near the top looking at the map there are 3 holding cells and an elevator which is broken and covered in goop with another reception stand which was abandoned. Near the bottom is the café and bathrooms which I was correct about but also has a storage/freezer area.

Maybe working here isn't something I should be scared of...It could be like babysitting...Yeah...