29 | Escaped

CALLIE'S POV

"You made us roam Greece and now you're just gonna show up all of a sudden?!" Talia shouted.

Napasimangot ako nang tawanan kami ni Iris. "We're sorry, darling." Her eyes suddenly widened, as if she just remembered something. "Oh, by the way, the real Aelia and Kai are at the academy. They never left," she said, giggling.

Ano daw?!

Pinagloloko ba nila kami?

"We shall explain more later, but for now..." Hermes looked at us through the corner of his eye. "We have a gorgon woman to catch."

"You will never get me again! The Olympians shall pay for what they have done to me!" Medusa shouted, and the pain in her voice hurt me.

And it reminded me...

That she was a victim too...

But I did not want her to hurt other people for the sake of revenge.

Kasalanan 'to ng ama ni Mavi eh! Siya yung dahilan ng pagkagalit ni Medusa, pero hindi man lang siya nagpapakita.

Hide and seek pa ang gusto niya!

"Enough chitchat." Hermes dashed forward, almost looking like the wind itself. He tried to grab Medusa, but he got blocked by snakes and golems.

"Playing hard to get, aren't we?" Hermes clicked his tongue. "Why couldn't they let Poseidon do this? This was his fault in the first place," pagbulong niya pa.

"Dinamay pa ako!" Iris ranted like a child. "I was on vacation, you know?"

Napatampal ako sa noo. Ang totoo, mga greek gods ba talaga kaharap namin?

"Mom, you're here?"

Napatingin kami sa likod, at nakita naming papalapit na si Irisha sa'min. Agad na ngumiti si Iris sa kanya.

"My daughter!"

Biglang inikot ni Hermes ang kanyang mata. "Iris, we have a gorgon to catch. Come on, dude."

Sumimangot si Iris. "Mamaya na reunion natin, anak. May lalaki lang na hinahigh-blood na."

Muli akong napatampal sa noo.

Hermes dashed once again, and this time, Iris followed. They both moved fast, as expected from gods, but Medusa put up a good fight... surprisingly.

One wrong move, and they would turn into stone.

"We need to help them," suhestiyon ni Cole. Nakita ko ang biglang pag-ilaw ng mata niya.

Yellow eyes.

Fire encircled us, and slowly, I could feel its intense heat.

I knew we didn't need to help them as they were gods, but... we couldn't just stand here.

We are still the protectors of our realm.

Cole is a beginner, a new student just like Aurora, but he already has control over his power...

Soon, he would surpass me and the others in strength.

He had a lot of potential.

Nakita ko ang ilang paru-paro na lumilipad na naman. Unti-unti silang lumapit kay Medusa na pinoprotektahan ng hindi maubos-ubos na ahas at golem.

Naglabas ng berdeng usok ang mga paru-paro kaya napatakip kami ng ilong dahil sa palagay ko ay lason 'yon.

Kumalat ito hanggang sa mapatay nito ang halos lahat ng ahas.