Chapter 25

Chapter 25 — Curious

"So, do you still hate mini golf?" Jason asks Liam, hugging him from behind.

"Yes!" Liam replies without hesitation, "I lost. Of course, I hate it,"

The man only laughs in return, spinning him around so they are facing each other, "Hope you weren't expecting me to let you win or anything,"

Liam rolls his eyes, scoffing, but actually, yes, he was hoping that he would obtain an easy win, thinking that Jason would do so to impress him. But he was proven wrong. He is still impressed though, not that he is going to admit it. He is a sore loser.

Jason looks at him as if he's going to say something important and Liam raises his eyebrows in question but he just shakes his head, taking a step back. Liam's heartbeats quickens a little just from that little moment.

They have been having a lot of the little moments recently and every time it looks like Jason is going to say something he always steps back. Liam does feel like he knows where all this is leading to, but he doesn't want to presumptuously assume either.

Everything has been going well, more than well between them. Liam doesn't think he has felt any happier than he does right now, and his feelings for this man has only grown stronger this past week especially. They have been taking things slow in their relationship and Liam has been all for it, but he can't help but wonder particularly recently if they have been taking things too slow.

"So, dinner?" Jason asks.

Liam quickly grabs his hand and tugs it lightly, "I'm actually not all that hungry. Maybe we can just go back to yours first and then we can order in or something,"

"Yeah, that's a good idea too,"

Jason's apartment is not too far away and they are at his place within ten minutes.

"So, what do you want to–,"

But before Jason can even complete that sentence, Liam is against him, pulling him down to his height, connecting their lips. Jason is surprised, letting out a small hmph, but it isn't long before he is kissing him back.

Liam is smaller in size and height compared to the other, so Jason easily takes control, turning them around, and pushing him against the wall.

They have done a few things with and to each other, sexually speaking, but haven't gone all the way just quite yet, and Liam is determined to cross that bridge tonight. His hand snakes down to Jason's pants and starts, unbuckling his belt. The latter redirects his attention from his lips to his collarbone, and Liam loses all senses.

It takes a while for him to regain stability and he leans in whispers to Jason, "Maybe we can go all the way tonight?"

Jason pulls back, and looks at Liam tonight and the latter quickly adds, "Only if–"

He quickly shuts him up by kissing him again on the lips, and smiles, "Hope that clears up your doubts,"

Liam nods, smiling back, "To the room?"

Jason answers by lifting him, and carrying to the room all by himself.

⋘⋙

Liam's stomach grumbles later when they're lying together and the both of them start laughing.

"I think I have some leftover pizza in the fridge," Jason tells him, "Or if you can wait we can order, or I can cook too,"

But Jason is already up, wearing his boxers, "I'm famished. I don't think I even have the patience to reheat the pizza right now,"

"I actually agree," Jason says, patting his abdomen, stretching and the both of them venture into the kitchen.

Fortunately, Jason had enough leftover pizza for the two of them.

"Do you stock up on pizza or something?" he asks, eyeing the food suspiciously — only one slice was missing.

"No. I thought I wanted pizza, but then I craved noodles, so I ended up cooking anyways, and kept it in the fridge," he shrugs, "Good for today though, right,"

"Weird man,"

Jason chuckles, taking a bite and then a moment later, "To keep up with the weirdness, can I ask you something?"

"Sure,"

And there it is, the quickening of his heartbeats, the little tenseness in the air, nothing awkward, but it's there. He even puts down his plate and turns his full attention to Jason.

The latter seems to be in deep thought and it looks like he might back away once again and so Liam takes a step closer and says:

"Hey. You can ask me anything. Nothing's too much,"

That does the trick. Jason nods, determined, and opens his mouth.

"Do you think about Aaron?"

"What?" Liam almost chokes — of all the questions, that is the one he did not expect. At all.

"Do you thi–,"

"No, I heard you. Just what?"

Jason shrugs, sheepishly and makes a poor attempt of hiding behind his half-eaten pizza slice.

"Okay. Just to be clear, Aaron as in our boss, right? Or is there any other Aaron that we know and I'm forgetting?"

"Our boss, yes,"

"Why would I think about that dickface?"

To be frank, Aaron has been more tolerable nowadays. He doesn't go out of his ways to annoy Liam and is not too demanding with the work. He actually gives him a little respect and even waves and smiles at him time to time. Liam actually thought he was having a wild dream when Aaron stopped by his desk to ask after his well-being. All in all, it has been super weird. Nice but still weird.

And no matter what, he will always be a dickface to him.

"I don't know," another shrug, "Just–" he scratches his head, "I think about him,"

"What about?"

"Like how is he, what he is doing, did he eat or not... stuff like that,"

"O...kay? So, you care for him?" Liam crosses his arms. He is not sure what is happening right now, and he's just feeling all kinds of uncertain.

"Yeah, I mean... yes. And I was wondering if you think about him too?"

Liam shrugs and since they have decided there will be no lies between them, "I wouldn't exactly say I think about him, more like I wonder about him,"

"Doesn't that mean the same thing?"

"No. I just... wonder if there's something wrong with the man. And this might sound bad, but he's become sort of my mental punching bag, like if there is something I'm annoyed or mad about, I just direct all my energy to him and cuss him out,"

"Why?"

He shrugs, "He's useful that way,"

Jason nods, "Pity him for that,"

"Is that all you wanted to ask?"

He nods with a small smile, "Yeah,"

Liam isn't convinced, "You sure? Like I said, nothing is too much,"

"Yeah, yeah,"

He waits for a moment, before asking again, "You don't like like him again, do you?"

It's not a fact that he can easily dismiss, that they dated for quite a while, and it's possible rekindling of old feelings, it happens all the time. And Liam should probably be scared of that possibility but weirdly, he isn't. Instead he is... curious.

But why would he be curious? He doesn't understand.

It takes maybe a few moments for him to reply, but he shakes his head, pulling Liam close by his waist, "No, no. I don't. I like you. Only you,"

"Good," Liam smiles, putting his arms around his neck, "That's good," but deep down somewhere, he is a little bit disappointed.

⋘⋙