Chapter 9

Chapter 9 — Laundry Day

To be honest, Liam was only entertaining the thought of executing his revenge plan on his boss, but even before he had gone to sleep the night before the plan had solidified in his mind. And once again, the dickface is to blame for this.

Really, he is the one bringing all this onto himself. Liam likes to think of himself as a peaceful person (he knows this is not true deep down), but his boss particularly brings out the rebellious streak in him in the worst possible way. He honestly cannot care to think of the consequences his actions might bring him no matter how hard he tries to.

At first, he thought it's because he was tired and needed sleep that he's not caring, but no. It's morning now and he's fresh awake and the plan is still solid in his mind.

The reason for this: the string of text messages his boss left the previous night. This happened when Liam was helping his nephew to be rid of the itching powder from him. His phone rang incessantly despite him not answering. At first, he thought it was his mother, but usually she waits for him to get back to her after the first unanswered call. Unless it's something urgent — shit.

He left Claude in the bathroom, instructing to properly scrub every part of his body and rushed to the living room where he had left his phone. He scoffed in disbelief and got instantly annoyed when he saw who the caller was — DICKFACE.

He frankly didn't have the patience to deal with him at that moment, and also this way past working hours — what the hell did he want now? He put his phone on silent and went back to his nephew; he had actual children to take care of for the night, he cannot deal with the man-child.

He only managed to reach his phone about an hour after he's settled his niece and nephew in their beds, cleaning the living room in case there were any spilt itching powder and after Katie left. His mother had called him, only once though, probably to check up on him and his sister and the kids, unlike the unbearable man of a boss he had who had called him three more times — it was a good thing he left his phone on silent. He is sure he would have smashed his phone otherwise.

Of course, it didn't stop his boss from saying what he wanted to say since Liam didn't pick up his phone. He had left him a number of text messages.

Taking in a deep breath in a very much feeble attempt to calm himself, Liam opened the messages. He reminded himself to keep breathing in and out slowly as he read through the messages.

DICKFACE :–
I called you
Why didn't you pick up?
Isn't it rude to not pick up the phone when your boss calls you? And I thought you were all about ethics and manners.
What I wanted to tell you is this: Tomorrow before you come in, I'm going to need you to pick up my dry cleaning — I'll share the address with you.
[location attached]

Liam should have ignored the text messages and gone to sleep — he knew he should have, but he didn't. He left a reply.

LIAM :–
I will be coming in a little late then — I'm not taking off my own time to pick up your laundry.

Okay, maybe he should have left out the last part, but he was tired. Not expecting an instant reply from his boss, he sent out a text to his mom, apologising for not getting her call and promising that he would call her tomorrow. He saw that he has a couple of messages from Jason as well and opened them, but just as he did, his phone buzzed in his hand.